• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Susanna Lea Associates

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this agency? I got a request for a full about two months after my query, saying they'd love to see more. I nudged four months later and the reader said they hadn't started reading it yet. Now it's been about nine months and I'm wondering whether I should just give up or whether they're just that slow.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
There's no info on QueryTracker about them, which doesn't mean anything in itself, but does mean that you can't easily compare submission reports with other queriers.

On their submission page, they say they can't guarantee a response. While the implication is that they are talking only about queries, they could just as easily be referring to full requests as well.

But I also might just suspect that they are, indeed, that slow. If I were you, I'd send them a status query once more and then just forget about them. Maybe they'll get back to you and maybe they won't, but there's no point worrying.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
Feuilleton, have you heard anything since you posted? They've had my full since the end of July. I plan to nudge next week after the post-holiday craziness has past.

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll let you know when I hear anything as well.

Feuilleton

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got an answer, not the one I was hoping for, though :/

Marika

Registered
Reaction score
I got an answer too. Alas not the one I wanted either. :(

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Submissions are based on your country.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, in 2021 I subbed the requested materials with a subject line of:

Query : TELOMERIC (Upmarket science fiction, attn: Stephanie Cabot)

So, this was how I handled that puzzle in 2021. And while I (oddly) cannot find the actual mail I sent (the query with the address to the agency), I do have their auto-reply.

Dear author,

Thank you for submitting your work to Susanna Lea Associates, we look forward to reading. Due to the volume of submissions we receive and our limited staff, we can respond only to queries we are interested in and cannot guarantee a response or editorial advice to those we decline. We do read everything, typically within 6-12 weeks.

Please do not call the office in request of an update.

For news about our agency, we encourage you to follow us on social media.

(Links to SM here, removed for AW)

Thank you and all the best,
Susanna Lea Associates

So, at least you have a sense of their approach in response. I CNR'd the query at the 3 month mark.

Reactions: JackieMcMahonWriter