The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Susanna Lea Associates

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Susanna Lea Associates

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this agency? I got a request for a full about two months after my query, saying they'd love to see more. I nudged four months later and the reader said they hadn't started reading it yet. Now it's been about nine months and I'm wondering whether I should just give up or whether they're just that slow.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

There's no info on QueryTracker about them, which doesn't mean anything in itself, but does mean that you can't easily compare submission reports with other queriers.

On their submission page, they say they can't guarantee a response. While the implication is that they are talking only about queries, they could just as easily be referring to full requests as well.

But I also might just suspect that they are, indeed, that slow. If I were you, I'd send them a status query once more and then just forget about them. Maybe they'll get back to you and maybe they won't, but there's no point worrying.

practical experience, FTW Marika's Avatar
    Feuilleton, have you heard anything since you posted? They've had my full since the end of July. I plan to nudge next week after the post-holiday craziness has past.

Not yet :S Will post when I have!

Thanks! I'll let you know when I hear anything as well.

Well, I got an answer, not the one I was hoping for, though :/

I got an answer too. Alas not the one I wanted either.