Hello :)

CharlesXav

Registered
Reaction score
Hello AW,

Joined here back in 2008 when I was a teen looking to start a novel. Never did finish it. I'm getting back to writing now with a new project (really a re-write of the original story) - about 6,000 words into it right now. Excited to be back to learn from the great writers on this board.

My goal is 5k a month, about 167 a day. I've been averaging 232 so far. Those numbers may not seem like a lot of to some of the fantastic writers on here but it's only been increasing as I get back into the flow of things.

Anberlin

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

Way to go on coming back to your book.

Just out of curiosity, do you feel like you can really get in the groove writing 200 words a day? Do you feel like you are able to get somewhere with it?

I often find myself with a little time here and there throughout the day and wanting to write. If I don't have the time to finish the scene that I start, I won't even try start it, because I'm afraid of losing my groove in the middle of a scene.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

CharlesXav

Registered
Reaction score
@ Anberlin - It really depends on the day - The approach that one paragraph is better than nothing for that day is an approach that works for me (otherwise I could see myself putting it off). I leave myself lots of little comments for ideas that I have during these short sessions but don't have time to put down fully. It's been tough with my full work schedule and end of semester assignments/finals. Looking forward to a 16 day vacation from work that starts on the 19th. Hoping to average 750+ during this time to get kickstarted. Here's my log for the last 10 days if you're interested.

5-Dec508
6-Dec201
7-Dec237
8-Dec243
9-Dec32
10-Dec107
11-Dec302
12-Dec301
13-Dec305
14-Dec336

Thank you fourteensix & Ari

Last edited:

NanMartin

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back. Good on you for doing what you can about your writing--I call it writing on lay-away: when you can't manage more, a little bit at a time eventually adds up to that "more" you can't manage all at once.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Water Cooler. :welcome: