Bay Area writers? Thoughts on a support / occasional meetup group

airforceauthor

Board Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I've lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for about three years now and I can't be the only writer in the area that wants to meet and network with other writers nearby! Whether for sharing tips, beta-reading, motivation or good old fashioned networking, it would be great to meet some local writers in the Bay Area, from Oakland to San Jose and everywhere in between. Plus, with the 2016 Writers Conference coming up in SF, it might be nice to have some people to get drinks with. Reply to this thread if you live in the Bay Area and would like to hang out, whether once or on the regular. Look forward to meeting you all!
-AFA

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the Roundtable forum, there's a thread titled AW Meet and Greet which lists members who asked to be included by their location. (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6951) I do not cull the list for people who haven't been here in ages, but it's a starting point for Bay Area AWers who'd like to find each other.

In barely-related news, my city's AWers just met up last weekend, and it was good. I hope you can make it happen there as well.

Maryn, keeper of lists

-May-

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the east bay, and while my time is limited, writing groups would be great to find!

airforceauthor

Board Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! That's four people so far, which seems like a good number to start with =) If anyone's interested in meeting for coffee sometime, let's pick a neighborhood to meet in!

mediapathic

Registered
Reaction score
Well given that the last post here was in Sept I assume y'all have either found one another or given up by now. But if anyone is looking for a group still, I recommend the excellent crew who run Write City. They meet every Wednesday at Cafe La Boheme on 24th Street, across from BART, starting at 6:30. The format is brief chatting, then an hour of silent writing, break for chat, then another optional hour of writing. The people who run it are great, and the small community is dear to me. If I got any singificant benefit from writing in a group setting, I would be there every week. If you stop by, tell them I say hi!

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authoralexryan.com
Well given that the last post here was in Sept I assume y'all have either found one another or given up by now. But if anyone is looking for a group still, I recommend the excellent crew who run Write City. They meet every Wednesday at Cafe La Boheme on 24th Street, across from BART, starting at 6:30. The format is brief chatting, then an hour of silent writing, break for chat, then another optional hour of writing. The people who run it are great, and the small community is dear to me. If I got any singificant benefit from writing in a group setting, I would be there every week. If you stop by, tell them I say hi!

I'm assuming you mean 6:30 p.m.? Or is this a morning event? I don't live in the City but I'm not too far away and I spend a fair amount of time there.