Fox News: Obama is a "P**** Who Doesn't Give A S***

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fox News was in rare form Monday. Not one, but two of their contributors cursed out President Obama in their analysis of his terrorism speech Sunday night from the Oval Office.

First, Lt. Col. Ralph Peters went off.

STUART VARNEY (HOST): Let's get right to the president's speech last night on terrorism, and bring in Lt. Col. Ralph Peters. Alright, Ralph, I have a question for you. I know you watched last night. I want to know, what were you saying to the TV as the president was speaking? What was your commentary as the president's speech unfolded?

RALPH PETERS: Well, first of all he keeps speaking about "we can't give in to our fears." You know, "don't be afraid." Look, Mr. President we're not afraid we're angry, we're pissed off, we're furious. We want you to react, we want you to do something. You're afraid. I mean this guy is such a total pussy, it's stunning. And, you know, we want -- we the people, the American people, whom he does not know in any intimate sort of manner, we want action. We want action against Islamic State and then -- then, when the president is telling us he is going to destroy ISIS. This is a president who has done more harm to American police departments than he has done to Islamic State. This is a president who restrains our military. He uses it not to defeat ISIS, but for political purposes for political cover. This is a president who doesn't want to hurt our enemies. This is a president who cares more about thugs in Guantanamo, or thugs in Ferguson, Missouri, than he does about law-abiding American citizens and their right to live in safety and peace.

VARNEY: I can tell you are super angry, and I asked you what your reaction was, but I have got to call you -- you can't use language like that on the program, OK? I'm sorry.

PETERS: I'm sorry.

Then Stacey Dash, the former Clueless star weighed in:

LISA KENNEDY MONTGOMERY: It also goes to show you that this administration was really caught off-guard. They were completely caught with their pants down over this massacre. And what I was watching for is, I want to feel better. I actually, I want to feel better about my friends and neighbors. And this morning as I rode the subway to work, I was looking around, and I feel kind of bad saying this, but everyone looked like a terrorist to me. And I don't want to feel that way in my city and in my country. And I want the president, no matter what my party is, I want the president to make me feel better when something so horrific has just happened. I don't think he gave it the proper context. I don't think he gave proper domestic strategy and he certainly didn't give me peace of mind.

HARRIS FAULKNER: We've been tasked with, Stacey, if you see something say something. But it's also if you see something, don't say anything offensive.

STACEY DASH: Right. It's ridiculous. And his speech was an epic fail. It was like when you have to go to a dinner with your parents but you have a party to go to afterwards. That's what it felt like. He was just trying to get through it because he just wanted to go to this event afterwards. I did not feel better. I didn't feel any passion from him, like you said, Andrea. I felt like he could give a shit -- excuse me, like he could care less. He could care less. And here we have 14 people dead. Today is the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, okay? His speech should have had a lot more passion. Where is Winston Churchill when we need him, is all I have to say. We are at war. He should have said that. The fact that he said terrorism, we're all excited that he said terrorism. Big deal. What is that going to do? Nothing.

The joke of "fair and balanced" is over. The new motto of Fox News is "fairly unbalanced" and it always has been.

Peters and Dash were suspended for two weeks. Big deal. What is that going to do? Nothing.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
When ISIS tore through the Middle East murdering countless innocent people, these people didn't give a damn. One attack in the usa and they're up in arms. Once more goes to show that human life only matters if it has your passport.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Not to mention, where was all this anger when the guy shot up the Planned Parenthood the week before? Or over the school shooting in Oregon? Or the shooting before that? And before that? And before that?

Fricken' racist warmongers, that's all they are.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, Obama is lovely, flexible and can take a pounding from men and women and keep on smiling?

...holy shit, Obama IS a pussy! And that's why we love him.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
[oops...wrong thread!]

Last edited:

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
What strikes me from the Peter's response is that he doesn't understand that responding from anger is not better than responding from fear. The only emotion, if you can even call it that, that we need is determination. And that doesn't come from responding right away to every attack made on us. It comes from having a strategy. Does Obama have a good strategy with an achievable goal? I don't know. Which is why we ought not to have engaged so deeply in the first place. But wishes being wishes, giving into anger now does absolutely nothing for us.

* And can we stop denigrating pussies? Really.
** Not aimed at anyone here.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
Sorta reminds me of the F*** Ben Carson and Punch Bobby Jindal in the D*** articles I pointed out a while back. I personally don't think these sorts of crass words belong in any TV or print news discussion meant for the general public, whether it's an opinion piece or not. IMO, it makes the person saying/writing it look pretty bad. And our POTUS deserves more respect than that, regardless of how much we may disagree with him. That said, I don't think a news show has to be balanced with respect to a specific person who is there to make commentary. Neither of these people were reporting the news - they were giving their opinion. And Fox promptly suspended them, as I think was appropriate.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorta reminds me of the F*** Ben Carson and Punch Bobby Jindal in the D*** articles I pointed out a while back.

Does MSNBC have a contributor who said, "Fuck Ben Carson?" Does CNN have a contributor who said, "Punch Bobby Jindal in the dick?"

Because Fox News has two contributors who called President Obama a "pussy" who doesn't "give a shit" about terrorism and they both still work for Fox News.
Peters and Dash should not have been suspended. They should have been told to resign or be FIRED. :flamethrower

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Even whe democrats had to endure the Dubbya years, I never saw this much disrespect on news programs.

How are they not the Jerry Springer of the cable news world?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing says competent leader like angry, hate mongering, war minded hot head.

I know we can go back to the days of The Crusades, "Kill them all for God will know his own."

:sarcasm

Cramp

Pain in the writing wrist
Registered
Reaction score
Never mind the cursing... the content of their commentary is bad enough.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There was an article I saw on Yahoo News just after Obama's speech, which quoted a series of I think 16 tweets made by a journalist who has been covering ISIS, about what she has observed and what is needed to win against them militarily. Incorrectly, I assumed I'd be able to find it again and so did not bookmark or save it.

I can't recall her name either, I'm sad to say. It is an unusual name.

Some of her points were that U.S. boots on the ground won't do it, and bombing won't do it alone, but proxy forces of contingents on the ground who actually live there is crucial. She wrote of speaking with a Kurdish military leader who explained to her that his forces would fight up to a certain territorial boundary within a city (forget which) but then he would stop. He would stop because, on the other side of that boundary is Sunni territory.

It seems we have Kurdish allies but no similar Sunni organized forces who could work in concert with the Kurds.

There was much more, in those few words, and she is clearly someone who knows what she's talking about. It's a shame that disappeared so quickly. Maybe someone else saw it and has a link?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Fox news(ish) could bring Obama into the studio and set him on fire and it wouldn't surprise me. What surprises me is that they are still on the air. And that they have an audience.

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
Fox news(ish) could bring Obama into the studio and set him on fire and it wouldn't surprise me. What surprises me is that they are still on the air. And that they have an audience.

Because there is a demand. Why shouldn't Fox be the one to satisfy it?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Dash and Peters weren't deliberate and calculated in their vulgar insulting of the president is dumber than dirt.

If there's ever a sequel to Clueless and they need a 48-year-old scrub actress, Dash is available and cheap. Call the movie Classless. :e2tongue:

Last edited:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Some people will say and do anything for a paycheck. I just had one of those moments where you're looking at the same exact thing as somebody else and seeing it in an entirely different way. I have never, never gotten the feeling that President Obama doesn't care about Americans, or about his job, or about people in general. He has always been restrained. It's what I would think you would want in a president. If he were sobbing like one former Speaker then they'd say he's too emotional for the job. It's just paid for, disingenuous bull.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Okay, I smoked a lot of dope back in the seventies and this could be advanced brain mold, but watching MSNBC just now I swear they showed a clip of Rush Limbaugh and..okay, this is scary, he seems to be condemning Trump. Did anyone else see it? Should I drive the forty miles to get a brain scan? Rachel Maddow thinks Trump is trying to lose on purpose. This seems to make sense to my addled brain-- am I grasping for straws? Am I too far gone for help? --s6

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
That must've been some good shit, shakysix. I didn't see either of those things, and I don't have to go all the way back to the 70s, but that thing from Rachel surprises me a bit. Not that I haven't heard it before--that the fix is in and he's going into the tank for his old pal Hillary. What a price to pay if it's so. His rhetoric is a little dangerous and people could get hurt even. Can't see Hillary going that far to win. But, ha, nothing would shock me now.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I smoked a lot of dope back in the seventies and this could be advanced brain mold, but watching MSNBC just now I swear they showed a clip of Rush Limbaugh and..okay, this is scary, he seems to be condemning Trump. Did anyone else see it? Should I drive the forty miles to get a brain scan? Rachel Maddow thinks Trump is trying to lose on purpose. This seems to make sense to my addled brain-- am I grasping for straws? Am I too far gone for help? --s6

I actually just saw this, and had to stop and ask Husband...did I just see/hear what I think I did? Yes indeed.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going to apologize for Fox News, nor should anyone - except Fox News. However, calling Obama a pussy and saying he could give a shit (suggesting he doesn't) are two completely levels of wrong. Suggesting he doesn't give a shit is simply factually wrong, whereas calling him a pussy is juvenile behavior that warrants corrective/punitive action.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

They could set him on fire but somebody would still complain that he didn't burn long and slow enough or they used the wrong fuel or he didn't scream loud enough.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
That must've been some good shit, shakysix. I didn't see either of those things, and I don't have to go all the way back to the 70s, but that thing from Rachel surprises me a bit. Not that I haven't heard it before--that the fix is in and he's going into the tank for his old pal Hillary. What a price to pay if it's so. His rhetoric is a little dangerous and people could get hurt even. Can't see Hillary going that far to win. But, ha, nothing would shock me now.
Rachel Maddow was not in any way suggesting it was a plot with Hillary. She was just musing that possibly the Donald never wanted to be president, that he was just having a great time running for office, and now that he's in the lead and it's becoming a real possibility he actually is almost afraid of the idea. So he keeps coming up with more and more outrageous stuff, hoping at some point people will have had enough and he won't have to take the job.

I don't buy that, although in the beginning I didn't think he had any intention of being a serious candidate. But Maddow was just giving an off the cuff speculation to explain his bizarre behavior that I don't think was meant to be taken seriously – and certainly is not part of the Trump/Hillery conspiracy theories.