• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Curiatis Books

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
These guys just followed me on Twitter, so I decided to create a thread for them since I couldn't find one already.

I also wanted to talk about them because they state the following:

Curiatis Books specializes in creative fiction, non-fiction, business, history, literary compilations, memoirs, classic reprints, essays, poetry, and other genres.

I think they have a different definition of the word "specialize" than I do.

Curiatis Books publishes some books that it covers the costs of publication and promotion and other books where it is the author’s responsibility.

And apparently they're a vanity press.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Linkety link: Curiatis Books

No names/bios of any staff or other personnel. Not a single Curiatis book displayed on the site. It is, however, rife with the logos of booksellers, from Amazon onward.

And there's that barely veiled vanity language. Run away.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Crap, mrsmig, forgot the most basic element of one of these threads. Thanks for adding the link!

Oh, and yeah, def run forever.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The Curiatis site was registered by a William King of Memphis, Tennessee, whose email address links him to another Memphis business, Citylytics LLC.

Citylytics provides project management, consulting, research, and other business services to our customers and clients.

Whether you need us to complete a project for you or just need help accomplishing your goals on time, Citylytics can develop a service that's right for you.
http://www.citylytics.co/

The registrant's address for both businesses is that of the Mail Center in Memphis, "your one-stop mailbox store".

From what I can gather from Curiatis' Facebook the only thing they've published is a poetry collection, Tennessee Voices Anthology 2014-2015, which I can't find on Amazon or anywhere else and isn't even mentioned on the website of the Poetry Society of Tennessee, whose members contributed the poems.

Last edited: