• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Can only ever get writing done using my phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

becomingabigail

Registered
Reaction score
I have my best moments of flowing prose when I am using the note app on my iphone!

Ryan Love

Registered
Reaction score
I've been having a fit of writer's block, so out of curiosity I decided to see if I could get any writing done on my phone. I was able to actually finish a chapter, so I suppose I should thank you for the idea. If people can film movies on an iphone I don't see why we can't write books on them.

Shiloh

The Squid
Registered
Reaction score
I think it might be the same reason I can sketch well when doodling on the edge of a paper, but if I sit down with a fresh paper and actually try, I have a much harder time. The formality of sitting down in front of a computer might be making you anxious, whereas the phone could be less "intimidating" because it feels casual.

I know someone who wrote her last six novels on her phone in her bathroom, while hiding from her children and husband.

That's amazing!

fiendish

nightwriter
Registered
Reaction score
Teach yourself to touch-type - preferably Dvorak, cos then you'll be even faster - then try going back to thumb typing … that should cure your phone-writing habit.:tongue Then again, if it works, and you're happy writing that way, keep at it.

SallyB

Dancing Through Life
Registered
Reaction score
I remember being told in highschool that Shakespeare was writing his plays in taverns. (For free candle light, and a steady flow of beer.) Pretty sure my English teacher told me that. (So correct me if I'm wrong.) But it's nice to think that a masterpiece will happen no matter where your writing or what your writing on.

Last edited:

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
If you can write on your phone, go with it for now! The idea is to write. What tool you use to do so isn't really all that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.