• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Glass Literary Management (Alex Glass)

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I think I found one not on the INDEX here. Anyone have any transactions or thoughts on Alex Glass and/or Glass Literary? P & E has nothing either.

Not sure why he's on the list for MG on QT, so I'd like to learn more.

BTW, do I get Christmas cookies, or any kind of cookies, for finding one not on the INDEX or P & E? I'll take money in lieu of cookies. ;)

atwhatcost

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I gave up clicking the links for Publisher's Marketplace on QT, because they all take me to the home page. (Nothing like a degree from Johns Hopkins to say, "I want to be a literary agent." lol No disrespect. Amusement that I'm not the only one with a degree from a school that says I wanted to be something I never became.)

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried with an MG fantasy: 6/21/22.
Rejection from assistant: 6/22/22.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ow. That was fast.

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone who's submitted to Alex heard ONLY from his assistant? Both my request for the full and the rejection that came after were from his assistant. I'm wondering if this person is just the messenger or in fact the gatekeeper.

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Assistant Molly uses the same form rejection that Assistant LaToya used based on Query Tracker comments. My guess is gatekeeper, but I am not familiar enough with how things work to say with confidence.

My understanding is that a lot of agents have assistants or interns working the slush pile to kick out things that they know won't fly, whether it's genre, word count, or whatever, to save the agent some time to look at projects that they might actually want. This is the only time I've seen the assistant send the rejection (I assume it's typically done from the agent's email instead).

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Assistant Molly uses the same form rejection that Assistant LaToya used based on Query Tracker comments. My guess is gatekeeper, but I am not familiar enough with how things work to say with confidence.

My understanding is that a lot of agents have assistants or interns working the slush pile to kick out things that they know won't fly, whether it's genre, word count, or whatever, to save the agent some time to look at projects that they might actually want. This is the only time I've seen the assistant send the rejection (I assume it's typically done from the agent's email instead).
The rejection after sending the manuscript was pretty substantive. So I wonder if the assistants are actually the ones reading the manuscript as well as the query.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
The rejection after sending the manuscript was pretty substantive. So I wonder if the assistants are actually the ones reading the manuscript as well as the query.
This sent me googling and in some cases/agencies it looks like the answer is yes, which I think we knew, but it sounds lke a probably-yes in this case.

I also stumbled across an old blog post that (rambles and then) gives a ton of reasons, from agents, as to why query pages are passed on by the end of the first few lines. It's interesting reading.

railroad

Registered
Reaction score
Well, whether it's her or him, rejected is rejected. On to the next!

Thank you for the link. I will read it this weekend. Pretty lengthy post!