Hello! New member...

LBecktell

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!I'm thrilled to join this community! Incidentally, I found you guys because I was googling "How to survive query rejections" (it's okay to laugh, it's funny). A lovely blog recommended you as well as QueryShark, and here I am!

I wrote a novel this summer and just got my first query rejection. It pretty much ruined my day. I tried to be brave. Well, okay, not really. I fully admit I allowed myself to mope. But tomorrow--I promise I'll do better! Really! I know you've got to have a tough skin. Working on it.

I'm from a relatively big(ish) city in the Eastern US, but have struggled with finding beta readers here. The local writing groups either come with classes you have to pay for (at $300+ for five weeks!) or they're looking for a different sort of writing community or writing help than I am (like the writing club at my university). So, I'm excited to find you and I'm excited to participate in the conversations. Lord knows I need the help. :)

Looking forward to meeting you all over the weeks to come. Additionally, in case you were wondering, I did survive the rejection! I will steadfastly carry on to be rejected tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after, and the day........

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!