Southern Boy w/ Welsh Charm

p.s.w. gear

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya!

Long story short. I am accomplished at finding fellow thinkers and drinkers, making great friends with bartenders, throwing jello wrestling parties, getting mayors of large cities tipsy, and running really fast. I'm originally from South Carolina but spent my formative years post college in Baltimore. I'm currently living in Germany and will be here for the next year until I make my triumphant (or penniless) return back to B'more.

I'm on the verge of self publishing my first book. Two weeks away...maybe? I've been working on the damn thing for 3 years now, so I'm super excited to be done with it. And, of course, gracing the world with my genius. Maybe not so much the second one.

I've been writing for 3 years (read previous paragraph)--the aforementioned novel, short stories, poetry I recognize is essentially for my own benefit, and flash fiction. I've come to love writing flash! I've been actively involved in editing/commenting on other's works for the past year. I've learn that not only do I love creating, but I really enjoy helping others create. I'm looking forward to jumping in with the community here, making friends, and creating a ton!

Cheers!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Velkommen, PSW. It's been a while (over a half century) since I was in Stuttgart. I lived two years in Göppingen a bit to the east of you.

Congratulations on your upcoming book.

Corsairs

Saying it twice for truth
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a drinker and the jury's still out on whether I'm a thinker, yet I still welcome you to the Cooler and offer my congratulations on your pending book publishing. :welcome:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, PSW. I love flash fiction, too.

Good luck with your book release!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

ScottyDM

Badger, mushroom, snake oh a snake.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. Welcome to AW.:welcome:

Oh gawd, don't want to sound like a spoil sport but have you done anything to ensure your new book isn't slush? Has anyone seen it other than you? Have you ever put any of your writing through a critique process? I look at my early stuff and it is utter crap.

Last edited:

p.s.w. gear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! :snoopy:

Oh gawd, don't want to sound like a spoil sport but have you done anything to ensure your new book isn't slush? Has anyone seen it other than you? Have you ever put any of your writing through a critique process? I look at my early stuff and it is utter crap.

No worries, Scotty. Yes, the book has been through extensive critiquing since May when I finished the MS and professional editing after responding to the critiques.

ScottyDM

Badger, mushroom, snake oh a snake.
Registered
Reaction score
Cool beans. I just realized how awful my "utter crap" sentence might seem, as one could infer I was referencing you by association. :Huh: Wasn't.

Best of luck on your project.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Cool beans. I just realized how awful my "utter crap" sentence might seem, as one could infer I was referencing you by association. :Huh: Wasn't.

Was, too. Good job of badgering, Scotty. Are you sure you don't live near Pike's Pique? :greenie.

Yep, PSW, grace under criticism keeps us writers humble. :flag: