Now is your chance.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
This is one of my favorite things you've ever written. I'm hoping to be back with something better to say, but all I have right at this moment is that this is fantastic.

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, now here's some damn fine words flung from a screaming wind!! Really like this one a lot!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
This is intense, heart-racing poetry that builds on you until you're left breathless from the beauty of it. Intense. Wow.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Along with the truly toothsome language in this exciting poem, the stunningly direct imagery and the rhythmic parallels at the end of each stanza, what sparks my interest is the unreality of both choices, their clearly fantastical nature, partly signaled also by a small negation in each stanza (cutting one's path to heaven in the first, and "stupid things" in the second). What's real is only that which is not said but is the sayer, the person speaking, who is in between those two hands and far more multiplex than either homogenous binary picture of "good" versus "bad" experience.

Awesome stuff.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I was also intrigued by the imagery, not just the fantastical aspect of it, but also the allusion to religion in each of the two options -- e.g., the path to heaven and the pierced palm (the latter evoking the crucifixion, at least to me).

I'm still musing about the opening and closing -- one bidding the reader to choose slowly, and one to choose quickly. Since I've already bored you all to tears with analyses recently, and I'm still arguing with myself about this one, I will do you all a favor and not elaborate on my musings.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I was just looking through your poetry from your very prolific last few months.
It is so firmly (for me) an accusation about religion. both pieces of this poem (the light and dark) are the same, in substance - religion - but viewed as good and evil and ultimately still stupid.
What ultimately gets me is the pressure to choose. that, to me, is the point. And it is such a guessing game.

my question : what do I win if i guess right?
right.

This is excellent,