• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Quality Ghostwriters

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I am extremely skeptical of their claim that they are the 'premier romance ghostwriting service' (probably paraphrased). Hmm. Prove it. Which books have they written? Would they by chance be some of the 'ghostwriters' implicated in a recent messy plagiarism case? In any rate, I take a dim view (to put it mildly) of authors who use ghost services...especially for the reasons these folks claim: writers are too busy, or they just can't get the story right, or their writing isn't that strong, or they just really wanna be a bestseller, darn it.

Ya know, there are other solutions for authors: manage time better or decide that writing just isn't for you. Learn to write more effectively, yourself. Re-evaluate what 'bestseller' means. (What kind of bestseller? NYT or some sub-sub-sub-category on Kindle that only has twelve entries?) I think of real and effective ghosts as serving celebrities or very busy professionals, and I know some ghostwriters who have had NYT bestsellers under their clients' names. I respect them more than their clients, and I'm not outing either. There are some pro ghosts here on AW.

Because I'm not certain of this outfit's product or promises, I'd be really hesitant to *write* for them.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Was it ever proven that author used a ghostwriter? From what I know that was only tossed out there as a possibility.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I think she claimed it as an excuse in a Facebook post, but I don't think that was proven. My bad wording, sorry.

I look at ghostwriters on this level the same way I look at term paper mills (which call themselves 'Academic Support writers' now): dubious skill harvesting quick bucks from those who are probably ultimately unqualified for their degree/job/reputation. Ghost services like this one are propping up delusions.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Perhaps a discussion of ghostwriting in general might make a great Roundtable topic, but does anyone have information on THIS particular company? That's the purpose of the BR&B threads. Thanks!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I dunno. Discussing what ghostwriting is and isn't seems fundamental to evaluating whether this is an actual ghostwriting service or a content mill.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite. What do you get for a little over a penny a word?

Assuming this web site is a middleman, what do the writers end up getting? And at a penny a word (or maybe less) what incentive do they have to produce great copy?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever they were, they ain't now.