Does my movie suck??

artistgp

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,
As sci-fi fans yourselves I was curious what you'd think of the story I wrote for my film. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially from other people interested in the same genre I am. It's free to watch on Amazon Prime right now if you have that (link below). It's also on Google Play and Youtube.

EARTHRISE synopsis:
99% of the human race has colonized on Mars. The remaining few work to rehabilitate our dying planet. Each year a small number are selected to return home to aid in the process. For those few, it will be their first glimpse of Earth. We follow them on their journey in this sci-fi psychological thriller.
Go home. For the first time.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/Earthrise-Casey-Dillard/dp/B016DR2XVM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Facebook link (if you want more info):
https://www.facebook.com/earthrisethemovie

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
When you have 50 posts, you can share pieces of your work in the SYW section. Otherwise, this will probably go 100% ignored.

And your 1 post doesn't scream trustworthy, especially when you're pretty much shilling links for viewers to click on.

So, either make 49 meaningful posts and visit the Share-Your-Work section for feedback, or, I dunno . . . don't solicit people on a message forum when you haven't read the rules/guidelines because it's coming across as way smarmy.

Just my two cents...

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get amazon prime. Trial memberships are pretty much a scam in my opinion. They never seem to stop billing you even after you tell them to stop. Also I have no intention of paying to review an unsolicited movie, or actually in this case perhaps a solicited one.

That said I have some questions about the plot. How did you deal with the gravity issues? Someone raised in 0.3 Gravity is going to be breaking bones right and left when suddenly faced with 3x the gravity. At the very least they would likely need years of intensive training to make the transition and would need some sort of artificial gravity during the 6 month trip. Why use people? If the problem is tweaking ecological things, robots would probably be more efficient. Mostly what Nature needs to rehab the planet from People's raping of the planet is to leave the planet alone. That's solved with the mass emigration to Mars. How is the mass migration handled so as to not further pollute the Earth. It takes a lot of fuel and other resources just to send a half dozen or so people into orbit. Can 7 billion people survive on Mars? Could 700?