Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Flame Tree Publishing / Flame Tree 451

Copy editor

Flame Tree Publishing / Flame Tree 451

A friend of mine was published by Flame Tree Publishing, so I looked them up... and found they've an imprint, Flame Tree 451. The latter's for sf/f/h ebooks.

FTP suggests you read about them on Wikipedia. That's a first -- at least for me. 8)

Flame Tree isn't listed by P-E (yes, I know, I saw the triple rhyme there; sorry).

When I found the Flame Tree 451 subs file, it wouldn't load, unlike their submissions page. Anyone here involved with this imprint? Or the main publisher?

FYI: I did recognize a few authors who were published by Electric Velocipede (I was staff at EV). And of course the classic authors they're reprinting--

I have a few thoughts about FT 451's WordPress pages, but I'll let everyone else give 'em a look first, eh?
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    The fact that their ebooks aren't listed anywhere on the site that I can see concerns me. Also their site could use some editing. On the plus side, they've been around since 1992 and are still in business, so...that's something.
    ~ Leigh

Copy editor
    Quote Originally Posted by aleighrose View Post
    The fact that their ebooks aren't listed anywhere on the site that I can see concerns me. Also their site could use some editing. On the plus side, they've been around since 1992 and are still in business, so...that's something.
    Yeah, the editing lack concerned me. I can't recall if WordPress has a spellcheck inside, but I'm a bit wary of an editor who tosses a webpage online without looking it over.

It's an indicator of what he may be like to work with, frankly. 8(

The ebooks I cannot speak for; the book my friend's in is on the main FTP site. Which is also somewhat screwy. Making it harder for customers to find the books for sale... why do that??

WRT business, they may sell direct to libraries. If so, then they don't worry about making things easy for the average person because that's not their client base (Yes, I'm sure you can read my thought balloons about that, so 'nuff said.).

Anyway, these reasons made me uncomfortable, so I didn't send a freelance work query to 'em. YMMV, of course.
    ASZ*---
    Freelance C/E

LinkedIn