• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Emerald City Literary Agency (Mandy Hubbard)

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
Mandy tweeted yesterday that she's responded to all queries and requested materials up until that moment. So if you queried/sent and haven't heard back, resend!

TECarter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tecarter.com
Mandy read my MS in a day and loved it! She's so ridiculously nice and intelligent. I have the MS with other agents so I have to wait but I am beyond excited!

Casey Karp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
koiscribblings.com
Queried Lindsay Mealing today. Too many of her faves match up to mine, to ignore.

Good luck, Filigree.

I queried Lindsay earlier this month for the same reason--and got my fastest rejection ever: less than twenty-four hours. Hopefully you'll do better.

TECarter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tecarter.com
They're definitely fast at ECLA. I appreciate the quick agents, because it lets you move on if it's not a fit. (And good luck to you - Lindsay's great, but I'm biased!)

EBJohnson

TheHonestAuthor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eb-johnson.com
Just queried Lindsay after a "like" during PitMad. She responded in about 12 hours and requested the full manuscript. So happy to hear such great reviews about them! Keeping the fingers crossed!

TECarter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tecarter.com
Congratulations, TE. How awesome for you!

Thanks! Mandy is really great and enthusiastic.

Sorry about the R, Filigree, but I'm glad it was useful.

Lindsay and Mandy are both super active on Twitter, too. They're pretty open about things related to the process. (I got to see my own MS as Mandy read it, which was really exciting, although I had to talk myself out of hoping it was mine!)

JeniferTidwell

Birdie wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Got a full request from Mandy, mere days after I sent the query. So quick! Crossing my fingers.

Dmbeucler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmbeucler.blogspot.com
Stats:
Lindsay Mealing favorited a pitchmad request and I sent her the query on 6/9/17
Full request 6/13/17
Personal Rejection 7/8/17

Pretty fast and she was lovely to work with in our brief communications.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know if a rejection from one is a rejection from all at this agency? Their submission guidelines say to query only one agent at a time, so to me that implies it's okay to query same book to somebody else. Thoughts?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
"1 agent at a time" suggests that you can query a different agent if you get a rejection from the first.

FallonDeMornay

Registered
Reaction score
I just got the most insanely enthusiastic offer of rep from Mandy yesterday evening. I'd love to chat with anyone who has experience with her as I grapple to make my choice between her and another top tier agent.

Girlsgottawrite

I write at work...
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Lindsay Mealing yesterday and just got a request for a full today. Crossing my fingers. She seems great!

Girlsgottawrite

I write at work...
Registered
Reaction score
Rejection, but it was a very kind and personalized letter. It almost makes me feel worse because she seems so sweet. :e2smack:

ajwinter

Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection yesterday after 62 days (she closed queries shortly after I queried to catch up, so patience was a virtue). Very form response with helpful links (most of which I'd already been using such as querytracker).