Daily Word Count Thread - NaNo 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprettytruestory

eating my words
Registered
Reaction score
I just broke the 10k mark today and ended with 10283 as my total, with 2832 from today... I have to hit 2800 each time I write or I won't make 50k since I don't write on the weekends or Thanksgiving (or the day after). That's family time (I know, I know...trying to win NaNoWriMo AND remember what my family looks like? Looks like someone's getting just a little greedy over here...)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Thanks to some local wrimos, a twitter complaint about NaNo forum distraction, and an ensuing 2.5k word count challenge for the day, I managed to churn out 3000 words, leaving me with a total of 7779 words. I'm now not only caught up to the daily count after two sluggish first days, but I'm also almost caught up to my personal annual goal of 2k a day. Should be able to get to 10k tomorrow. :)

that redhead

Registered
Reaction score
I got 2,202 in today, which brings me up to 8,114 so far. I can live with that, especially since yesterday was so crazy I got less than a thousand in.

Esmae Tyler

This & That
Registered
Reaction score

I'm already so far behind. I usually make up my losses at write-ins on Saturdays, but it's looking like I need to try and squeeze out 500 words in the AM instead of relying on my usual night time block or I'm going to get further and further behind.

SKDaley

Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party! Fourth day of nano and clocking in at 8176 words. Feels good to make progress after a long dry spell!

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 8845 and happy with it. I'm averaging a little over 2k a day. I get motivated by weird things (like wanting to match my wc from the day before) which is really helping me along. Wanted to get to 10k today, but with working full time, kid activities, etc, I'm really lucky to be getting anything done at all! Saving my 10k badge for tomorrow, I guess!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Nov 4th in my home time zone: +2957 = 12,007

Episode 4: 3182

Serial 4-day total: 12,262

Last edited:

Greene

Registered
Reaction score
Today was my best day so far: 2,057 for a total of 6,618. I'm still behind due to some bad days, but confident I can catch up.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 4: 657
Day 5: 1762
Total: 10,828

I spent most of day 4 reading instead, but I made count on day 5 and I still have some buffer.

CSPayne

Oh look, here I am
Registered
Reaction score
UGH life is already screwing up my daily word count, but what fun would it be without any pressure?
590 words for day 4 :cry:
BUT we are taking off on a road trip on Friday so I will be able to sit and bang out a bunch on my laptop while we're driving, WOOT!

devilsjunkshop

my weariness amazes me
Registered
Reaction score
Currently hovering near 5K.
I can usually make things up later, but I reckon at this point my lack of an outline-in-detail is making it all a bit formless and meandering.
Plus I'm still thinking: "Are you sure this is the book you want to work on?"
I'll keep telling myself 'early days yet' for a while longer :D

Evabeth

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe it! My computer crashed yesterday. I got a quick replacement in time enough to write 3,545 words. I'm glad I was paranoid enough to backup my story on three different devices. :e2thud:

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You all are so inspiring with your high count totals!

I am finally past 1700 words (total). But I was originally not going to start writing until end of week, so I am so glad I didn't wait,because I feel behind already.

Hoping to to do lots more today, will see. Keep it up you all!

wolfgrrl

Registered
Reaction score
Only managed 673 before I had to go to work this morning. Not sure I can eek anymore out tonight, but I might try...

In an entirely unrelated note, this guy :e2bouncey reminds me of the Adipose (aka 'fat babies' if you're me) from Doctor Who, therefore, I had to use him.

wolfgrrl

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe it! My computer crashed yesterday. I got a quick replacement in time enough to write 3,545 words. I'm glad I was paranoid enough to backup my story on three different devices. :e2thud:

:scared:Computers always seem to know the worst time to go on the fritz! Glad you had everything backed up. I'm glad I backed mine up again this morning!

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Today was such a slog. I just wasn't making my goals. It was frustrating. After dragging myself through it and listening to Getcha Head in the Game, I finally pushed and hit my personal goal. 5103. Now I'm going to go sleep.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Nov 5th in my home time zone: +3618 = 15,625

Episode 5: 3362

Serial 5-day total: 15,624 (post-midnight editing took out a word)

Greene

Registered
Reaction score
Made it to 4,425 today, for a grand total of 11,048. :)

Evabeth

Registered
Reaction score
:scared:Computers always seem to know the worst time to go on the fritz! Glad you had everything backed up. I'm glad I backed mine up again this morning!

I know, right? It's a good thing you backed up your work. My heart would break if I heard that anyone lost their story.

Today was such a slog. I just wasn't making my goals. It was frustrating. After dragging myself through it and listening to Getcha Head in the Game, I finally pushed and hit my personal goal. 5103.

I know the feeling. Good on you for pushing through. I can only imagine the relief you felt when you met your goal by the end of the day. :partyguy:

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 6: 2513
Total: 13,341

I am sleepy. For the first five chapters I knew what went in them. Now I've hit the part where I don't know what's next, I only know a list of stuff that has to happen between now and the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.