Favorite Line of the Day - NaNo 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I always picked Paris as the setting for this lengthy action sequence, but given recent events, I'm resigned to having to rewrite it for a different European city. For now, a snippet of the original:

We froze on the steps of the Palais Garnier as the airship fell like a meteor in front of us.

It tumbled as it fell, trailing fire. One last explosion in the magazine blew it nearly in half before it slammed into Paris so hard the steps leaped beneath us.

The thunderclap of impact hit us with an instantaneous shockwave that blasted us with heat. Glass shattered from a million windows. And the dust exploded upward and outward like a nuclear burst, pelting us with needles of debris.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Day 22:

*after my MC's mom makes her practice reading for church from the KJV (which their church doesn't use)*

“Wow, that was stiff.”
Autumn looked at her, upset. “Well, what do you expect? Get a modern Bible.”
“This Bible was given to me by my mother.”
“I like the one that I got in Sunday school. Have you ever read Greek 'Esther'? Fabulous.”

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
The steel grey light of the pre-dawn was just lighting the world and the very earliest workers were hurrying to their places. Cria set out for home, thoughts stirring in the back of her mind like sleepy birds on a branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.