Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
New goal time :)
  • Finish a complete draft of my NaNo project
  • Write and update word count every day (I want that badge, dang it!)
  • Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times

Mid-month check-in!

I'm still on track with the first two goals, still sucking completely at the last two. Seriously, even on weekends I am not getting my words in early. Not sure what's up with that :Shrug:

Oh well, there's still time :)

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
1. Nano for the 50k!
2. Read at least one book.

Done and done!

Nano novel is only about 50% completed, so 50k down, guestimating about 50k more. Definitely not achieving 100k by the end of this month though, I need to play catch-up in RL. December is hopeful.

I read and finished "To Ride Pegasus" by Anne McCaffrey, it was a bit of a slog to get through. Starting Lackey's "Outstretched Shadow" now and making my grocery list for Thanksgiving dinner!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :hooray::partyguy::banana:

I actually got my m/s out yesterday and tinkered with it in between loads of laundry. Didn't write a great deal, but at least it got an airing.

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
So, I've been doing good on the NaNo project, but I continue to fail on the sleep thing.

I'm expecting that one to carry over to the next month, again :tongue

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Finished NaNo. It's at 57.5k and will need lots of work, but the first draft is done. Edited another UF chapter. Did not read books. I am a bad reader :( I've still got a chance to finish my current book, but of late I seem to be picking up a book, flicking through, and never actually reading.

1. Write 50,000 of NaNo novel. Done! Draft finished.
2. Edit one chapter of UF novel. 2/1
3. Read four books. 1/4

Evabeth

Registered
Reaction score
1) send my inner editor on vacation
2) finish NaNoWriMo doing twice the recommended amount

1) send my inner editor on vacation----Done! It was actually easier than I thought, but I shouldn't be surprised. We have been friends for a while and totally understand each other.
2) finish NaNoWriMo doing twice the recommended amount----Incomplete. However, I've surpassed the Nanowrimo goal, finished drafting the first novel in a tale that has very quickly turned into a series, wrote my way into roughly 50 pages of the second novel, drew a map of my world, expanded my outline, read a book, and cheered on my writing buddies.

All in all, I am proud of my achievements this month. :greenie

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I started today's work and the backstory took a sudden dark and somewhat creepy/unnerving turn for one of the MCs. I don't know if he's just dumber than advertised or not as slick as he thinks he is ("probably" to the former, "oh, DEFinitely!" to the latter) but in a way, I like the way it's shaped up to be. One of those things where people might scream, "AND YOU SAY HE'S HAPPY WITH HIS LIFE AND HAS NO REGRETS ON HOW HE LIVED IT WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER?! ARE YOU F***IN' INSANE?!" My story so shaddap.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here we are on the cusp of December, and once again I must shamefacedly report that I didn't make a single November goal. However, I'm on the lip of the cup with two of them:

1) Write up to the big climax of current WIP (Book #3 in my fantasy series) (I've actually written the Big Climax, but not the scene immediately prior, which is where I'm currently grinding away. I might actually finish it tomorrow.)
2) Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series (nope)
3) Read 2 books (the MFK Fisher book is an omnibus of nearly 800 pages, and I'm 80% of the way through it. If I were to finish it tonight, I might actually give myself credit for two books)
4) Write 1 blog post (nope)

Hope everyone, NaNoer or Not, had a great November. For those interested in stating goals and tracking them, I'll be starting the December thread momentarily.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
  • Finish a complete draft of my NaNo project
  • Write and update word count every day (I want that badge, dang it!)
  • Continue to work on getting writing in earlier in the day
  • Work on shifting wake-up & go-to-sleep times

My NaNo project went well. I a draft to revise, which is what I wanted. (Although, I think it will be more of a complete tear-down and rewrite, since I want to make a major style shift.) I also managed to write and update my word count everyday, so I could get the badge. One day was only about 150 words, but it counts, darn it!

I completely failed at the last two :tongue I had a really hard time getting my writing session in before 11 at night, except for a few days where I wouldn't have been able to write otherwise. Since part of the other goal is going to bed at 11, these are not compatible.

That means I get to carry them over, as always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.