Head Full of Ghosts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixieval

Registered
Reaction score
I read this after Stephen King tweeted it. It was a good read!

DMcLeod

Registered
Reaction score
I have this sitting on my shelf for after I finish Last Days by Adam Nevill. So excited

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
:hooray: I am actually reading this now. I almost put it down because it felt like an Exorcist ripoff at first. It wasn't bad...just didn't feel different enough for me to spend time on it. :Shrug:

BUT by the time we actually get to the discussion of the movie The Exorcist, I was hooked. The plot suddenly got more...robust? Or relevant, or something.

Anyway, I can absolutely see why Stephen King likes this book so much. Shades of everything he explores in Danse Macabre are evident. And I have to admit, it's touched on all my old film studies and pop culture studies from college. Like, down to referencing specific things I read about and wrote about in essays (before blogging was a thing).

Good of book so far. Hope it doesn't disappoint in the end. :)

ETA: Oh, and it starts with a quote from The Yellow Wallpaper. Only one of my most favorite stories. So, it kind of hits a bunch of personal notes for me.

Last edited:

Esmae Tyler

This & That
Registered
Reaction score
Good of book so far. Hope it doesn't disappoint in the end. :)

Spoilers: it doesn't.

At least it didn't disappoint me, and I was waiting for it to fall flat on its face at the end. There's one big important question that never gets answered, but that was, methinks, the whole point of the story. That and hitting all of the exorcism pop culture stuff like a pinata.

Last Days was a fantastic read too for totally different reasons.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Spoilers: it doesn't.

At least it didn't disappoint me, and I was waiting for it to fall flat on its face at the end. There's one big important question that never gets answered, but that was, methinks, the whole point of the story. That and hitting all of the exorcism pop culture stuff like a pinata.

Last Days was a fantastic read too for totally different reasons.
I finished it! And it was a really great read. All the way through. The ending wasn't totally unexpected, but I liked how we are slowly given all the materials to figure it all out ourselves. Made me feel smart and...included in the unfolding. If that makes any sense.

What was the big important question that never gets answered? PM me or rep me! Don't share it hear, obviously. :D I can't think of what it was.

I'll have to check out Last Days. Thanks for the tip!

ETA: :e2smack:I just realized what it was right before you sent me the rep! Duh. :p Yeah. THAT question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.