Pedophile Culture

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Though I think it's insulting to fetishize disabled people, I do see the objections to the wording in the DSM, which seems to imply that having a fetish for amputees or dwarfs is psychologically abnormal in a way that fetishizing Asians, for example. I think there's an issue with people fetishizing minorities, and any type of fetish can be unhealthy if it's extreme. But is fetishizing an amputee more bizarre that fetishizing a trans person or an Asian woman?

autumnleaf

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If every person I've ever dated has been blonde, it suggests I have a thing for blondes.

But nobody would say you had a fetish for blondes, because that's considered within the "normal" range of attraction.

Or maybe you just live in Finland and there are a lot of blondes around.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
Who defines what is phenotypically normal? We've invested a lot of effort in telling, say, fat women, tall women, visibly muscular women, and short men that they're abnormal...

Amadan

Banned
Reaction score
But nobody would say you had a fetish for blondes, because that's considered within the "normal" range of attraction.

That's not the point.

The point is that an attraction to one person says nothing about your general preferences.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics but I believe the latest edition of the DSM has changed a few things about fetishes that don't hurt anyone else, where they're now only considered a disorder if they cause significant problems in the life of the person with the fetish.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
And I go out wearing stupid animal hats and unnatural colored lipsticks because I'm in the ugly box and avoiding doing certain things because they're unattractive has no meaning to me. I am not sure why you don't like my box so much.

Or maybe you go out wearing stupid animal hats and unnatural colored lipsticks (which would actually be most lipsticks) because you like to, and I shave my pubic hair because I like to. It could be that simple.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
This article is a pile of crap. It purposely ignores the real definition of pedophilia, puts words and thoughts in tons of people's mouths and brains, and honestly makes the author look like an ass.

For the record, I'm a guy. I prefer less body hair on myself, at least of the thicker, longer, colored variety. I'm fairly neutral to my own leg hair. I find less hair on women more attractive, and I definitely prefer it in the tactile sense, but un-shaved legs don't represent a lack of femininity to me. If I liked guys, I'd prefer them shaved, as well. I've shaved my pubes, and honestly I prefer how that looks, though it gets super scratchy, and I have all of the sympathy for women who dislike shaving but do it because of cultural pressure. I have hair on my feet tat makes me really self-conscious,and I've shaved it a few times, but enough people commented on it that I haven't done it again, because implications sometimes get made that really embarrass me.

To say that shaving is a tool of the patriarchy, or that a preference for less hair is inherently pedophilic is ridiculous and insulting and sticking her nose in other people's private business. There are specific situations where such expectations/preferences can be damaging or unhealthy. But not in every situation.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Men, in general are hairier than women. Their skin is not as smooth and their musculature is more pronounced. Teen boys can hardly wait to shave and even though it's a pain to do it everyday you will never find men looking for a permanent solution for the hair on their face. They want it there - they need the stubble because it illustrates their definitive masculinity. Women do not want hair anywhere other than their heads, by removing underarm/leg/pubic hair and softening their skin are emphasizing their femininity and highlights the differences between the sexes.

Hair/no hair isn't pandering to the pedophile culture, Imo its very simple and speaks to men and women at their very basic cave person level.

I really don't think it's pedo-related myself either. I think manscaping is all part of the whole sleek and slick metrosexual movement. I think gender lines-- IN FASHION -- are getting blurred. Men are loving the liberation of being able to go get pedis without being called fags. Five years ago I never would have told people I get pedis...now, I can go in to get one and a construction worker will be in the chair next to me getting his done. This is all about fashion. I despise the pedo implications.

I highlighted a part of your post...because that is all relative too. I practically cry from ten minutes after I shave to the next time I shave. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE facial hair. And I HATE HATE HATE HATE shaving. I wish I was always smooth skinned and I always felt this way. I swear I have dysthymia over the issue. I am actually considering doing something about it...no matter the cost or the pain involved. Facial hair on myself sickens me. It should be noted that I also loath masculinity, though.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Or maybe you go out wearing stupid animal hats and unnatural colored lipsticks (which would actually be most lipsticks) because you like to, and I shave my pubic hair because I like to. It could be that simple.

+1