7 Literary Agents Seeking Fantasy Novels NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to Writer's Digest

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I wish I was working on the sequel to my last one. But this is good news for those of you seeking to sell your own work.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Spiff up your query letters and check out each individual guideline. Go to http://www.writersdigest.com/editor.../7-literary-agents-seeking-fantasy-novels-now[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif](Once you get past the author's bragging, the list is there)[/FONT]

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
And as always with WD (or *any* source including Absolute Write) do yourself a huuuuuge solid and research every agent on that list before you query them. No, I haven't looked at the list. I just know from past encounters with agents WD has listed as legit, which I knew was not the case (from industry rumor and angry writers.)

I repeat: research agent, THEN query.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Some of the ones on this list are legit, at least (already on my list), and at least a couple have already rejected my fantasy novel, or not dignified my query with a reply :(

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Oh, I read the list. Most of them are quite legit...in this case. My point, bluntly, is that anything that particular blogger (and WD in general) champions, needs to be assessed carefully before taking as fact.

I did get a bleak laugh out of the list, though. At least three are now looking for pretty much the same thing I unsuccessfully queried them on three years ago. I did find an agent, so I'm not looking now.

christopherdschmitz

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I did get a bleak laugh out of the list, though. At least three are now looking for pretty much the same thing I unsuccessfully queried them on three years ago. I did find an agent, so I'm not looking now.

kind of the writers equivalent of "you look qualified. We'll keep your resume on file if anything comes open."

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Maybe more like the agency equivalent of: "I'll say I want this, that, and the other thing so I'll look hip and diverse, but really the mms is going to have to be so extraordinary it could probably sell itself, before I will actually offer..."

Not being cynical, just realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.