FARGO (FX Series)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like Hanzee. He's so very competent at what he does, he reminds me of my beloved Mike in Breaking Bad. The big difference is that nothing fazed Mike, but Hanzee's about had it up to here with overt discrimination for being Indian.

I'm disturbed at his split ends, though. Sorry, dude, those have to be cut off if you want your hair to look like it did early in Longmire.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, just binge-watched Season 1 yesterday - Absolutely lurved it - Especially Molly

... And Martin Freeman and Billy Bob were spectacular - Couldn't wait for them to get what they deserved in the end!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's baaaaack, and just as cray-cray as ever - Lurve it! :Clap:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We were away last week and recorded it. We could have watched it last night, but we're kind of saving the best for last.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Already? Sheesh, it feels like it only just started.

Maryn, pouting adorably

villain_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Tonight is episode 5 out of 10, and it's just one hour long. I noticed too that FX's TV schedule has it listed for 2 hours, but they did that last week also. No idea why.

Curious to see how the East German story ties into everything.

One of Vargas' henchman is the killer they were talking about in the East German scene. Other than that, I'm thinking the East German story was just to foreshadow the elements of mistaken identity that are in the main story, but maybe more will come from it.

So far, I think this season is just as outstanding as the previous two. I'm most enjoying David Thewlis' performance as Vargas, he's an excellent villain, but all the cast and characters this year are great.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The network is listing it for two hours at last! We've been recording it and having the end chopped off. The episodes run 1:15 to 1:20 and our DVR only knows how to follow the schedule provided by the networks. (It's so stupid, but it's just a machine.) After the first one, we figured out to record whatever came next, but now maybe we don't have to.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...One of Vargas' henchman is the killer they were talking about in the East German scene. Other than that, I'm thinking the East German story was just to foreshadow the elements of mistaken identity that are in the main story, but maybe more will come from it.
Ahhhhh, makes sense.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, this is sooooo crazy good!!! :Thumbs:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Season Finale was ahhhh-mazing!!! :Clap:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We recorded it and will watch it tonight, probably.

Oh, speaking of Fargo and seasons, I read recently that Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons, the young couple from last season, are engaged. I've liked him since Friday Night Lights, so I wish them happiness--although the characters they played certainly didn't deserve any.

Maryn, who gets to decide such things for others

villain_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, another excellent season. There were some really odd, but brilliant moments and episodes. Really enjoyed the ending scene and the whole final episode. I really hope there's another season for Fargo, but I think this may be the last.

So how did Emmit's car heal itself?

It just overheated, and then cooled down during the exchange?

Oh, speaking of Fargo and seasons, I read recently that Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons, the young couple from last season, are engaged. I've liked him since Friday Night Lights, so I wish them happiness--although the characters they played certainly didn't deserve any.

That's awesome, I loved those two (their characters too, to be honest).

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that was good! I'll try not to give spoilers, but l loved (and wanted to know more about) the deaf guy's action and how Burgle is now working as a different kind of cop whose prediction seems to be more true than the one voiced by the suspect she's interviewing--but it fades to black before we know for sure.

I read an article that the present intention is for a fourth season to exist, but at least three years from now, as the show's creator/runner has other commitments.

Maryn, who needs to add this to her wish list

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
QUOTE: --but it fades to black before we know for sure.

I know, right? - I kinda wanted *closure* on that situation.

Two Things:

1. The deaf guy returns after 5 years???!!!

2. How did V.M. Varga get out of that elevator; leaving only his crumpled raincoat behind? :Shrug:

Last edited:

villain_fan

Registered
Reaction score
I, personally, love the ending, because there's such good reason to believe either of them could be right. It takes such skill and effort to make that kind of ending work, and I think they accomplished that.

How did V.M. Varga get out of that elevator; leaving only his crumpled raincoat behind? :Shrug:

He climbed the elevator shaft, John McClane style, and then pulled open the elevator doors from inside. Or, perhaps, evil on this show has the supernatural power to disappear, like Billy Bob Thornton's character, Malvo, did in the first ever episode from Lester's basement.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
I, personally, love the ending, because there's such good reason to believe either of them could be right. It takes such skill and effort to make that kind of ending work, and I think they accomplished that.

I agree completely. It was one of those rare circumstances where knowing what happens would ruin it for me.

Curious to see how the East German story ties into everything.

Did they ever answer this? Am I daft?

On a personal note, my oral hygiene has never been better.

Mondo

New and suspicious
Registered
Reaction score

He climbed the elevator shaft, John McClane style, and then pulled open the elevator doors from inside. Or, perhaps, evil on this show has the supernatural power to disappear, like Billy Bob Thornton's character, Malvo, did in the first ever episode from Lester's basement.

A lot of elevator shafts had ladders built into them, and elevator doors can be manuallaly opened from either side.

Next time you are waiting for an elevator, look for a small hole in the doors or frame. Insert a straight object into the hole, and it will release the catch that holds the doors shut.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score

In the East German prologue, the interrogator insists the guy being questioned is Yuri Gurga. He says no, Yuri Gurga is the guy who lived in the apartment before he did, thus the mix-up. I believe the real Yuri Gurga was Varga's Ukrainian henchman. Also, the prologue provided a nice bookend for the season...beginning and ending in an interrogation room.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't you observant! Yes, I looked it up and Yuri Gurga was the henchman. Man, I totally didn't catch that at all.

villain_fan

Registered
Reaction score

One of Vargas' henchman is the killer they were talking about in the East German scene. Other than that, I'm thinking the East German story was just to foreshadow the elements of mistaken identity that are in the main story, but maybe more will come from it.

Also, what Lauram said about it beginning and then ending in an interrogation room.