Hello from Ohio

noveler7

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking in (and learning a lot from) the forums the last week or so and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an MFA fiction grad and college instructor with quite a bit of experience working with, and publishing in, literary journals, with about 30 short fiction pubs to date (including Indiana Review, North American Review, Third Coast, etc.)

I'm somewhat new to the business side, though, and since I just finished a novel this summer (my 4th lifetime, but the one with the best chance of publishing), I've been doing a lot of research on how to approach agents and the book industry. It's interesting how some priorities for writing more literary MFA-esque fiction for journals overlap with the publishing industry, while others...well...not so much.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the community and learning from all the different perspectives and expertise here at AW!

Best,
Nov

noveler7

Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm a Purdue alum, so your Blue Blood is OK with me :tongue

These Buckeyes drive me a little nuts, to be honest...

brswain

Comma Splice Survivor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm a Purdue alum, so your Blue Blood is OK with me :tongue

These Buckeyes drive me a little nuts, to be honest...

Which end of Ohio? I don't know whether to give you a Who Dey! and talk about chili, or offer my sympathy for your quarterback situation.

I grew up in Cincinnati.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Corsairs

Saying it twice for truth
Registered
Reaction score
Cleveland here. Glad to have another Ohioan with us. Welcome to the Cooler, Nov! :welcome:

daveww

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Nov, welcome!

noveler7

Registered
Reaction score
Which end of Ohio? I don't know whether to give you a Who Dey! and talk about chili, or offer my sympathy for your quarterback situation.

I grew up in Cincinnati.

I'm up in Bowling Green. I teach at the university there.

I'm also a hapless Detroit fan :Shrug: