Trouble with AW mobile site

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't certain if this was more of an issue for this forum or the Tech Help one, so if I misjudged, feel free to direct me elsewhere. But since it seems to be an issue more with site compatibility, I thought I'd mention it here.

First of all, I noticed that AW seems to have a new mobile version of the forum. Or at least a mobile version that's only just started showing up when I access the site from my phone. And it's nice! I like that it loads more quickly and is formatted better for a small screen.

But I've discovered a problem: I can't edit my posts. I can tap the edit button but when I try to tap inside the post text box to alter the text, the site will automatically delete my post, instead. It's like my phone is reading the text box as part of the delete button. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, and I use the Google Chrome app to use the internet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Please go to your Settings (top right) and tell me which of the Editors you're using.

Settings
Scroll down to General Settings in the sidebar on the left
See Miscellaneous Options
Under Message Editor Interface, which Editor?

The behavior of the edit functions, for everyone, is very much dependent on the support for JavaScript (not Java) on the device and Web Browser.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Please go to your Settings (top right) and tell me which of the Editors you're using.

Settings
Scroll down to General Settings in the sidebar on the left
See Miscellaneous Options
Under Message Editor Interface, which Editor?

The behavior of the edit functions, for everyone, is very much dependent on the support for JavaScript (not Java) on the device and Web Browser.

It appears I'm using the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" option.

I did just notice that there's an option to switch the full site, so I can always try that if necessary. I do like the mobile site a lot, though, so if changing a setting could help, I'm willing to give that a try.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
It appears I'm using the "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" option.

I did just notice that there's an option to switch the full site, so I can always try that if necessary. I do like the mobile site a lot, though, so if changing a setting could help, I'm willing to give that a try.

I'd try changing the Message editor to Standard, for one thing.

And yes, there's always the full site option.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Has anything changed recently that would explain why AW keeps asking me for permission to use my location data on my iPhone?

I typically use the full site on my iPhone, so I don't know if this is happening for the mobile site.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Has anything changed recently that would explain why AW keeps asking me for permission to use my location data on my iPhone?

I typically use the full site on my iPhone, so I don't know if this is happening for the mobile site.

That isn't AW. I'd suggest turning off third-party cookies.