AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Wit Literary Agency

Wit Literary Agency

Someone was asking about this company. We were both suspicious because the first thing I found when Googling the name was a Craigslist listing for the agency.

Still, I was wondering what people have heard about them, if anything; their experience (coughs politely); any complaints; etc. Are they for real? Is this a hoax? (If it is, it did make me laugh!)

Here is their web page. Their list of stuff they don't want is bizarre. No books about Thomas Jefferson or Ben Franklin? No novels set before 1956?! No bodice rippers?! No one with real publishing experience calls romances that anymore -- not in a public place at least!

Note: Not that I plan on signing with them.
    Last edited by AnneMarble; 04-16-2006 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Adding more word thingies
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Author Waiting in the Wings Maprilynne's Avatar
    I don't know about experience or anything, but I think they look pretty cool.

Maprilynne
    Wings: the first of four from Harper Teen debuting May 5th, 2009.

You can Pre-Order my book from Amazon!
    (Come on, you know you want to.)

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Putting two and two together, I'm guessing that this is Mike Gold, who has a long history in comics publishing. Whether this qualifies him to run a literary agency, I don't know. I sure wouldn't approach the agency based just on what's on its website, though.

- Victoria

Rubber Dog Poop Hauler FlyByNight's Avatar
    They aren't interested in crap? I guess that leaves me out.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Soon thereafter, Mr. Gold dropped agenting to found http://www.comicmix.com/.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: