BLINDSPOT...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Jane is starting to get on my nerves - Let's wrap this "mystery" up already. :Shrug:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
There likely is no wrap up. Most shows like this are sold on a single season, which is designed to funnel into the next one. There's no ending when it's sold and the writers/show-runners figure it out as the show progresses.

The mysterious tattooed lady sold the pilot.
Tattoos that seem to tell the future as it relates to criminal activity sold the first season.

Multi-layered tattoos, self-induced amnesia, the missing Taylor plot, and the possibility of government intrigue is supposed to sell another one, but what it's doing is muddying a promising premise with extra stuffing.

Lost actually tried to not fall into this trap by presenting a 5-year plan upfront, but when it became a hit and the show was stretched to a 6th season, all of the planning fell apart and we ended up with those weird last incoherent seasons.

TV is weird.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa!!!

Bethany Mayfield?

Kurt's Fathers deathbed confession?

DANG! :e2cry:

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm betting they retcon the confession first thing. He was dying, confused, and on medication.

I DID NOT like the sloppy way they ended Mayfair's role AT ALL. She's not that careless a character, and she wouldn't have done the 180 with Jane, especially with Jane insisting that she didn't know what was going on.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...I DID NOT like the sloppy way they ended Mayfair's role AT ALL...
Yeah that was very sloppy - I wonder if Mayfair will return next season via "flashbacks," or if Marianne Jean-Baptiste is done with Blindspot? :gone:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i really like this show. sure it has FBI...but all that forensics and crap they do...it's not the focus of the show....and i like that. i'm really really tired that every show every year seems to be a FBI, CSI, doctor, lawyer, or reality tv show....
remember shows like Dark Angel? American Gothic? The Odyssey (canadian)?

also on a semi related note. last night PITCH premiered. I like it. another CHANGE UP to the kinds of shows airing on tv lately!

Derimed

Registered
Reaction score
For some reason, I entered this thread thinking it was about Back to the Future, where Biff just totaled Mr. McFly's car and said it was because it "had a blind spot."

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There likely is no wrap up. Most shows like this are sold on a single season, which is designed to funnel into the next one. There's no ending when it's sold and the writers/show-runners figure it out as the show progresses.

The mysterious tattooed lady sold the pilot.
Tattoos that seem to tell the future as it relates to criminal activity sold the first season.

Multi-layered tattoos, self-induced amnesia, the missing Taylor plot, and the possibility of government intrigue is supposed to sell another one, but what it's doing is muddying a promising premise with extra stuffing.

Lost actually tried to not fall into this trap by presenting a 5-year plan upfront, but when it became a hit and the show was stretched to a 6th season, all of the planning fell apart and we ended up with those weird last incoherent seasons.

TV is weird.
This is the problem I have with Blindspot. I liked it through most of the first season. Then it got tiring. The few new elements they trickled in just weren't enough. Twin Peaks and Lost were the same for me. They start out with a really interesting mystery, then they spin their wheels.

Orphan Black is one that kept working for me. The characters and great acting make up for the mystery not coming to an end. But they actually moved the plot along quite a bit more than these other shows which come across as more formulaic than intriguing.

It doesn't help that there's no chemistry between Jane and Weller, at least for me I don't feel it. And the other guy/ex-guy in Jane's life doesn't make up for it.

Lucifer on the other hand... :Thumbs: In the end, it's got to have story, not just a good mystery.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'm a few episodes in, and it's getting boring now, and I'm pretty sure I know who the FBI "mole" is too. :Shrug:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh-Kay,

Losing interest in this one too. :Shrug:

gp101

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gave up on this one after Season 1. It got me with the premise and had some kick-ass episodes, but slowly and surely it became more soap opera than thriller. The Blacklist manages to deliver backstories and personal problems without the soapy elements that Blindspot resorts to. I also grew tired of the way that Jane seemed to be the only one that could "break through" to so many suspects when others failed, or the way she always was told to stay put during a mission but naturally had to immerse herself. And the anagrams to the various episode titles grew tiresome as well.

Removed it from the DVR, haven't watched any of Season 2, don't plan to, don't want to.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SPOILER BELOW:

As soon as the Psychologist started dating Patterson, I knew he was the mole. :e2paperba

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, it's back, and it appears they've run out of original ideas...

SPOILER BELOW

...So, let's erase Roman's memory now. :popcorn:

Hmmm, I'll watch again next week, but they're on thin ice (in terms of keeping my interest) as far as I'm concerned. :Shrug:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
OK, it's back, and it appears they've run out of original ideas...

SPOILER BELOW

...So, let's erase Roman's memory now. :popcorn:

Hmmm, I'll watch again next week, but they're on thin ice (in terms of keeping my interest) as far as I'm concerned. :Shrug:

lol i was watching the episode. i was so glad it was back on. (partially helping to pass the time until TWD comes back)...but i was somewhat slow in figuring out that roman lost his memory now....though he seemed to get it back quicker than sis did.
what i'm more miffed about....is that we seemed to be moving on from her tattoos really quickly. lol maybe they'll just phase them out all together and the actress won't have to spend hours in the chair getting them reapplied every time.
and do we realize that the show could possibly end once they stop their mom and her mission? i mean...what else could they do after this?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, who else thinks Freddie's "girlfriend" is an undercover cop? :e2paperba

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still watching, but out of habit now, rather than because I really like it. :Shrug:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Jane and that lead agent guy had a big moment in last night's eppy. and then i was kinda confused by a 2 yr jump into the future.... LOL

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep! - Jane and Weller finally hooked up, and then it jumped to Two Years Later...

What the Heck???!!! :Shrug:

*Thinking they may have just jumped the shark*

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watched last night's season premier and yep - They've jumped the shark - I'm out! :gone: