Comic Book In Novel Form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
Mini flounce?

Getting upset no one has replied within 7 hours isn't the best impression to leave, in my personal opinion.

Trismegistus

Registered
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by comic in novel form?
I've had what might be a similar idea, using stylistic elements of comics in a purely written work .

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Anyway, if it's prose with comic elements as Trismegistus suiggested, sure, why not. It's been done, I'm sure, although the only example I can think of right now is a my own short story here. Been thinking of making a whole book of that because it was really fun, but I'm not sure how well the formula will hold up over more than eight pages. (Which is how many it ended up in print.)

Comics with prose elements thrown in, on the other hand - now that there are examples of to find. Strangers In Paradise comes to mind, Moore used that on several occasions. Speaking of Moore (Terry), that other guy by the same name (Alan) did a hybrid thing with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen's Black Dossier.

Comics in print novel format, I sure hope that's not what the thread was supposed to be about because that's a) boring and b) called graphic novel and has been around for ages.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Might as well close this thread, wild guessing isn't going to help (y'all are off target).

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.