• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

LampLight Magazine / Apokrupha

snowdog

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the submission guidelines:

http://lamplightmagazine.com/volume-i-issue-i/

The rights section:

"The quarterly is published as print and ebook, and at the end of the year all the quarterlies are bound together in an annual collection. We are asking for non-exclusive, worldwide, serial rights to your work for both electronic and print. We want to publish it, we don’t want to own it."

I'm planing to submit a short story to them. So, should I be asking them how long they have these rights for? Anything I should be careful with? What else should I be asking?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Non-exclusive rights are typically granted for an extended period of time because they don't impinge on your ability to publish it elsewhere (assuming the elsewhere is not demanding exclusive and/or first rights). You should ask how long they intend to keep the individual volumes and the collections for sale, if you can request to have your story removed after a certain length of time.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this magazine?

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
*pokes thread with stick* Anyone have recent experience here?

Phyllo

Still sitting
Registered
Reaction score
I sub'd a short story to them mid-March 2019. Received a form rejection mid-Aug. 2019. So five months, which isn't a great response time, but not terrible.