• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Writing buddies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XMissBrightSideX

Socially Awkward Sam
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. :D I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being writing buddies?

I write SFF and horror, mainly. Most of my works have LGBT themes, so it'd be awesome to find another writer who also writes LGBT but definitely not an issue if you don't. I enjoy reading speculative fiction and thrillers, but am open to most genres.

I would be more than happy to exchange critiques on ideas, plotting and beta reading. I have a full-time job though, so for more lengthy beta reads it might take me a little longer to reply. (I will try really, really hard to reply in a timely manner though!)

I haven't pursued professional publishing yet, but am dedicated to improving my craft and hope to eventually self-publish or to submit to indie companies.

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to meeting new awesome people.

*edited because sleepy Sam writes awkwardly when she's half-asleep*

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh. I think I saw the cover for Hellebore on another thread.

This could definitely work as an arrangement for me! I write YA fantasy, pretty much exclusively and almost all my manuscripts feature LGBTQ characters.

At the moment, I'm looking for more 'writer friends to bounce ideas off of' with some reading for general feedback etc. I don't have time to actually 'BETA' in the sense of giving line by line feedback anymore to anyone besides my established CPs, but I'm always happy to be a first-reader and give my impressions on drafts and new chapters.

Maybe we can swap a writing sample and see if our styles are compatible for feedback? / We get on as human beings!

XMissBrightSideX

Socially Awkward Sam
Registered
Reaction score
@ oceansoul Yep. :) Thanks again for your input on the cover btw.

Really? That's great. I started out writing YA and still read it regularly (I guess I should have listed it as one of my favorite genres lol). Sounds like it would work out really well. :D
Perfect. I was trying to figure that out, time-wise, because I have a full time job and was worried that might end up being an issue but didn't want to seem like I was unwilling to do it. Line by line definitely takes a good chuck of time to do, and I don't blame you for giving your current CPs priority.

I think that would work great.

Sure, sounds like a good plan. How are you most comfortable exchanging? (Email, PMs, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.