I'm a "mama" again. *picture in post two*

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Every time you think you're done with the bottle babies, more come to you.

A family friend brought three 2 to 3 week old kittens over today for care. The queen had been killed by a car. I hope my older cat takes to them. He really helped me teach cat manners to all of my past bottle babies.

Anyway, wish me luck. These guys are pretty healthy so I won't have to feed as frequently as I had to with my last charge, but I'm still going to have a weird schedule for a bit.

Last edited:

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Here are my orphans from a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to uploading a photo.

Everyone is thriving and they look like proper cats now.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, kitties. :heart: Good on you for saving them! Got homes lined up for them?

Yup. They've got good homes all lined up. I know the people well and they take good care of their pets. I'm just waiting for the kittens to be spayed/neutered and fully vaccinated before I hand them over. I'm also using the extra time to teach them house manners and how to wear collars and things like that so they'll have a better chance at integrating well.

D'aww, bebes!!! :e2cat: How are they getting along with your older boy?

My older boy is finally softening towards them. He's now cautiously curious. I saw him touching noses with one of them yesterday and there was no hissing, spitting, or swatting on either side. I think he figured out that they get the best food so he's decided to suck up a bit in the hopes of a nibble. :)

They're doing particularly well with my GSD. She lets them chew on her tail, ears, and feet and use her as a step if they want to get on or off something. I was a little worried at first that she'd get over-excited and hurt them by accident, but she's been very good.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
Please refer to my username tagline! :)

Milenio

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Well done on saving the cuties.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you were able to take them in, and they will have good homes. I've raised two bottle babies, one in '86 and one in '88. We kept them both. They were ferals, born in our back yard. One lived to almost 18 and the other to almost 19. Yours are cuties.

MM

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Today they figured out the vertical leap. They're bouncing around like the have springs on their feet.

Of my past bottle babies the ones who adapt to being working cats usually stay with me whereas the ones who would prefer to be indoor only go to other homes. (Right now I've got two indoor cats and that's plenty. I have a former feral, who lost a leg, and my older cat, who was a bottle baby that I got from a neighbor as a juvenille because he was such a destructive youngster. I thought I'd turn him around and find him a home, but we bonded so I ended up keeping him.) Anyway, I like to let the animals tell me what they need and then I come up with a way to give it to them.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Such cuties! Glad things are going well!