Angry Robot Announce 2015 Open Door Period

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Welp, just to close the loop here, I got my rejection from AR today. They did like the book, but thought it was too much of a police procedural (and not enough of a character-centric science fiction story) which is ... rather accurate, to be honest. :) The review took about 9 months from the me sending the full request to getting a response, for those who are curious about the timeline.

So, now the only thing I'm waiting on is a response from agent who requested a full of my *other* novel (an espionage SF thriller), which I will hopefully hear about (one way or the other) in a month or two. In the mean time, at least I know Loose Circuit has potential, so I'll probably be tossing it out to agents for the next few months to see if I get any bites.

Pete, thanks again for volunteering your time to track this stuff!

Sorry to hear that, I really thought you had it. Best of luck with the agent!

CameronJohnston

Great Old One
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronjohnston.net
Welp, just to close the loop here, I got my rejection from AR today. They did like the book, but thought it was too much of a police procedural (and not enough of a character-centric science fiction story) which is ... rather accurate, to be honest. :) The review took about 9 months from the me sending the full request to getting a response, for those who are curious about the timeline.

So, now the only thing I'm waiting on is a response from agent who requested a full of my *other* novel (an espionage SF thriller), which I will hopefully hear about (one way or the other) in a month or two. In the mean time, at least I know Loose Circuit has potential, so I'll probably be tossing it out to agents for the next few months to see if I get any bites.

Pete, thanks again for volunteering your time to track this stuff!

Ah, crap. Sorry to hear that! Here's hoping a great agent snaps you up soon.