Graphic Novel Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a specific thread on writing graphic novel queries on AW? I tried the search function and for some reason nothing is coming up...

I would be querying a project that has already been fully illustrated. I am the script writer and I have a partnership with an artist. We were just going to print it ourselves as a zine, but I thought I might look into actually submitting it to agents/publishers.

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
The comics industry isn't quite as formal as prose publishing, so queries usually arent necessary (which is why nothing came up in searches, probably). Publishers who accept unsolicited submissions generally post their submission guidelines on their websites. Just follow those and you'll be fine.

Here's a handy list of comics publishers and their submission guidelines:

http://jasonthibault.com/definitive-list-comic-publisher-submission-guidelines/

Some high-end publishers will only look at submissions that come to them via agents, but most deal directly with the creators.

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you snafu. The article looks helpful, especially since it says it was posted in 2015. A lot of the other articles/lists I can find just using Google are much older and I'm not sure if they're still relevant.

snafu1056

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. That site is pretty good about staying current. Smaller publishers come and go, so it definitely helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.