The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Elephant Rock Books / Elephant Rock Productions

Elephant Rock Books / Elephant Rock Productions

Small publisher. American. They have a recent Printz Honor winner in their lineup. I picked it up in paperback at my library.

As of this posting, they only accept unsolicited manuscripts during certain open reading periods. They are closed now, but I thought it worthwhile to bring to people's attention.

http://www.elephantrockbooks.com/
    MS2: YA Contemporary - querying - on hold / forever in agents' queues
    WIP1: Fantasy romance - worldbuilding/drafting
    WIP2: YA Contemporary Romance - planning
    MS1: YA Contemporary Fantasy - shelved

Oh, good. So they are legit, then? An author I'm sorta following on another site wrote a blog post about how they were the only ones who would publish a YA novel of hers, after it won or was a finalist in many contests, and how she left an agent partially because of that mms.

I hate to be cynical. So often these days when authors share their 'I finally got this published!' tale, the venue turns out to be a vanity or really unprofessional small-press. It's good to hear that this publisher is for real. Good on her!

Here's a link to her adventure. It might be good for anyone planning to enter Elephant Rock's contest.
    http://www.brenda-drake.com/2016/08/...-book-release/

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft