Pokémon GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
i now have 120 dratini candies. 5 more and i can finally complete the NA Gen 1 Pokedex.....

Spooky

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O
Registered
Reaction score
I tried playing this thing and packed it in pretty sharpish, I am rabid for the old school pokéfrolics, I adore going down CYCLING ROAD and bumping around SAFARI ZONE and dipping in and out of that charming pixel infested grass imagining the blades going 'swish' and brushing against my muddy legs as I flick away another pesky RATTATA or gambling away too many of my hard earned coins in those rigged slot machines, I don't much like the newer outings, I liked pokémon stadium though on the 64, me and my buddy still have rounds on that, I also found Pokémon Snap amusing.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
for anyone that doesn't know.... and maybe finding this out will bring you back to playing...but there are RAIDS now. they have really amp'd up the community aspect of this game. i've been meeting up with groups for the past couple weekends in order to take down BOSS pokemon (like Tyranitar for example...they boost his cp up to almost 30k so you need at least 10 people to help battle it)

and the gyms are WAY different as well.
and we might be getting the Legendary pokemon really really soon!
basically, really interesting stuff happening in the game after 1 year of being out!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have a friend who is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too addicted to Pokemon Go. She'll text me around eleven at night saying that one of her buddies just flipped a gym near me and I should go put one of my beasties in it. Did I mention, she's on the east side of town and I'm on the west?

I like my sleep and sanity too much. Much like I am in WoW, I'm a damn dirty casual.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
I am playing this game first in my smartphone but switched to emulators anyway :D

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
legendaries are out!! go get 'em!

Lugia is out.
Atricuno is out till the 31st
Moltres is out from July 31 - August 7
Zapdos is out from August 7 - August 14

no word yet about Mew and MewTwo!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
legendaries are out!! go get 'em!

Lugia is out.
Atricuno is out till the 31st
Moltres is out from July 31 - August 7
Zapdos is out from August 7 - August 14

no word yet about Mew and MewTwo!
My son doesn't really play anymore, but he has friends that do, and through them, we keep up with what's going on around our area.

The other night, he tried to get us to jump in the car and drive to the mall to catch a legendary. We demurred.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I got an articuno on Saturday. Squeee!

aprettytruestory

eating my words
Registered
Reaction score
My spouse and I did a raid against Moltres and got thoroughly beat down... in retrospect, probably not a good choice for our first battle ever, ha.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yeah, it's still going. The legendary birds are all up (aside from Ho-Oh) and Mewtwo's been released in Japan and should be worldwide soon, I believe. Plenty of groups are teaming up to do gym raids in cities. Is it as popular as it was when it first launched? Nah, but almost nothing ever is. Plenty of activity on it still, though. :)

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
seriously, if every time that someone asked "is this game still alive?" (in various ways of asking that)....i would get a nickel....i would get enough money to buy Niantic... LOL

and like maggie said....it won't have that first summer hype...but this summers hype was pretty darn close to it!

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
seriously, if every time that someone asked "is this game still alive?" (in various ways of asking that)....i would get a nickel....i would get enough money to buy Niantic... LOL

Amen to that. I hear it so much "LOL Is anyone even still playing that? No, I don't think they are. It's totally dead." Meanwhile gyms are changing hands at a higher rate than ever, groups are organized to play together, and even more stuff is happening or coming out monthly. Just because people don't see everyone walking around with it going doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all anymore.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Amen to that. I hear it so much "LOL Is anyone even still playing that? No, I don't think they are. It's totally dead." Meanwhile gyms are changing hands at a higher rate than ever, groups are organized to play together, and even more stuff is happening or coming out monthly. Just because people don't see everyone walking around with it going doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all anymore.

chicago fest tickets sold out super fast. there was over 12k attending. and then in london, who knows how many participated. and then recently in Japan....
the hype is there. the game is so very much alive. and i'm still having a blast when i play!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, it's nice being able to actually get into a gym for a bit and get some coins.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, it's nice being able to actually get into a gym for a bit and get some coins.

Tell me about it. Off the previous gym format, I had maybe 70 coins? Rare to get in, rarer to stay in. Now, I've been able to buy a pokemon box upgrade and several incubators without paying a dime. There's someone on my way to and from work who keeps claiming two side-by-side gyms for Mystic and putting in something like a Raticate or a Clefairy. I can usually grab a space in one or both of them. It's great. And I love the gym tracking. I'm going on vacation next month and can't wait to add some gyms from the other side of the country to the list!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Tell me about it. Off the previous gym format, I had maybe 70 coins? Rare to get in, rarer to stay in. Now, I've been able to buy a pokemon box upgrade and several incubators without paying a dime. There's someone on my way to and from work who keeps claiming two side-by-side gyms for Mystic and putting in something like a Raticate or a Clefairy. I can usually grab a space in one or both of them. It's great. And I love the gym tracking. I'm going on vacation next month and can't wait to add some gyms from the other side of the country to the list!

I like that it's harder to kick someone out of a newly-won gym. There was nothing more aggravating then spending an hour or more bringing down a gym, only to have someone come along five minutes later and take it back in 30 seconds. I'd see it happen and be like, "well, I'd like to go and take it back, but I have more pressing responsibilities and can't afford to spend all my time playing pokemon. That was my last chance to battle for a few days, too. Oh well, maybe next week I'll fare better."

With the new system, if you go to the trouble of winning a gym, you have a much better chance of keeping it for more than two seconds, even if it's just your one little pokemon defending it.

It's much more friendly now to the more casual players.

Last edited:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
heads up y'all

the birds are leaving today and 3 new legendaries are arriving.... Entei, Raikou and Suicune!

Byeka

Registered
Reaction score
I had the best experience with Pokemon Go recently. I spotted a Zapdos (one of my favourite Pokemon) by a gym near my place, which is in a suburban area and not very busy for Pokemon Go players. To my surprise, a whole group of people started showing up. They told me that there's a Facebook page for our area with about 300 people in it. Since joining, I've constantly had other people to go do raid battles with in my area. It's been great!

If you're in a more suburban area and having the same problem, try searching for Facebook groups for Pokemon Go. You'll probably find some too.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I had the best experience with Pokemon Go recently. I spotted a Zapdos (one of my favourite Pokemon) by a gym near my place, which is in a suburban area and not very busy for Pokemon Go players. To my surprise, a whole group of people started showing up. They told me that there's a Facebook page for our area with about 300 people in it. Since joining, I've constantly had other people to go do raid battles with in my area. It's been great!

If you're in a more suburban area and having the same problem, try searching for Facebook groups for Pokemon Go. You'll probably find some too.

My friend is in one of these groups for her area. We met up with then last night to grab a Moltres. We both got lucky and managed to catch it. Seems like a pretty good social group. They told me there's on in my area, but all the gyms are so far from my house, so...

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score

i use discord.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
EEEEE! Third generation Pokemon just appeared. And the game has weather now! And battle parties!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
In-game rain here. Had a bit of snow earlier, which is enough of a novelty that everyone in my office went on the roof to stand in it and marvel, but it's mostly rain or a mixture.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
I've enjoying watching the in-game snow as much as the RL snow and keeping an eye out for the newbies! I just got my first one, a Gulpin.

Gulpin is my first Gen 3 too!
and then after that i caught a 1041cp Geodude from the sunny weather icon boost!

i wanna go get more!!!!!!!!
GEN 3 HYPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.