Pokémon GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Just caught my first one! A Plusle, with excellent stats to boot!

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
if anyone is still playing...lots of updates.... the major one being...GEN 4 has arrived!!!
also, new EX raid boss...Mewtwo was demoted to a regular T5 when Deoxy's was released.
new discovered pokemon Meltan (aka Nutto) tieing in to the Switch games....
and so much more!!! this game is still hot!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Such a small amount of Gen 4s released. I'm happy because I get my Bidoof finally, but man, I've gotten almost all the ones I can already XD Well, at least all the pre-evolved forms. A good chunk are regional, too. Makes me wish we could trade wider. I'm in one of the smaller regions (Carnivine only in the southeast USA as far as it's known. Website I saw said FL and SC only, and I'm NC) so I'd love to catch a ton and trade them to people who need them. But unless I travel, I'm only going to see people in those areas.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the regional stuff IS frustrating. And the friendship trade restrictions make it even tougher. I live in a town that draws a LOT of tourists. It would be nice if I could go out and make friends with them, and use trading as a way to get some of the ones I'll never be able to find otherwise, but since they're not my in-game best friends, that's a no-go.

One thing I HAVE found kind of neat - I needed friends for the Celebi questline, so I went online and found a video about the quest. In the comments section of that video, there's a steady stream of people posting their player codes in search of friends. I invited a dozen or so at random, and now have friends in Malaysia, France, the Netherlands, Brazil - all over the world! It's really neat.

And when you get gifts from those places, and those gifts contain eggs? The pokemon that hatch are also from all over the world! I got my 1000k trading achievement with one trade, swapping a pokemon from Paris with one my boyfriend hatched here.

Come to think of it... My trainer code is 2740 0995 6534. Anybody who wants to be buddies is welcome to add me. :)

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Yeah, the regional stuff IS frustrating. And the friendship trade restrictions make it even tougher. I live in a town that draws a LOT of tourists. It would be nice if I could go out and make friends with them, and use trading as a way to get some of the ones I'll never be able to find otherwise, but since they're not my in-game best friends, that's a no-go.

One thing I HAVE found kind of neat - I needed friends for the Celebi questline, so I went online and found a video about the quest. In the comments section of that video, there's a steady stream of people posting their player codes in search of friends. I invited a dozen or so at random, and now have friends in Malaysia, France, the Netherlands, Brazil - all over the world! It's really neat.

And when you get gifts from those places, and those gifts contain eggs? The pokemon that hatch are also from all over the world! I got my 1000k trading achievement with one trade, swapping a pokemon from Paris with one my boyfriend hatched here.

Come to think of it... My trainer code is 2740 0995 6534. Anybody who wants to be buddies is welcome to add me. :)

I got a ton of people from all over the world on my various social medias, including here. If the eggs with the regional pokemon had to have been from the regions the pokemon were in, I would still have gotten the ones I was missing. I've got people all over Europe, Australia, Japan... it's really fun to see where people are from through sending gifts.

Added you!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have just two friends who I can do face-to-face trades with (one of them who I need to talk to about doing a trade this weekend for a Field research task I've got queued up). Everyone else is out of state or out of the country.

I'm hoping they'll do regional hatches for the other gens later on down the line like they did recently for Gen 1.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I got a ton of people from all over the world on my various social medias, including here. If the eggs with the regional pokemon had to have been from the regions the pokemon were in, I would still have gotten the ones I was missing. I've got people all over Europe, Australia, Japan... it's really fun to see where people are from through sending gifts.

Added you!

Oh yeah. I still can't get the regional pokemon (I did get a couple Mr. Mimes *woot!* from the 7k eggs, but I think that was a short-term event). But I'm really happy with non-regional ones from super far away.

Last edited:

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
just read today that Carnivine has been spotted in ohio. the updated map looks like it reaches all the way up to toledo...LOL

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lucked into an invite for a Deoxys exclusive raid on Tuesday afternoon. Mind you, I'm voting first in the morn (my polling place is a Pokestop!)

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
had an absolute blast this weekend. shiny Pinsir and Gengar raids.

now they are announcing shiny Cubone and Ponyta....

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
two community days in a row where I didn't find a single shiny! :-(

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Niantic, PLEASE INCREASE THE DROP RATE OF THE "CATCH 5 BUG-TYPE POKEMON" FIELD RESEARCH QUEST!

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
Niantic, PLEASE INCREASE THE DROP RATE OF THE "CATCH 5 BUG-TYPE POKEMON" FIELD RESEARCH QUEST!

hahah not sure if you realize, i don't think anyone from niantic is gonna see this...

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Quick, odd question -- would the field research quest that drops from any given Pokestop be the same for any one who spins it that day or is it random for everyone? IE, a stop that gives me "Evolve 2 Pidgeys" today would give my buddy the same quest or would it give him something different?

RedRajah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Meltan Questline dropped yesterday. Lucked into the "Make an Excellent Throw" field research -- then lucked into actually making said throw, so I felt morally obligated to walk long enough to hatch my 3 eggs and get on the step where I needed to catch a damn dirty Ditto. No RNG THIS time, thank you very much!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Quick, odd question -- would the field research quest that drops from any given Pokestop be the same for any one who spins it that day or is it random for everyone? IE, a stop that gives me "Evolve 2 Pidgeys" today would give my buddy the same quest or would it give him something different?

I couldn't say if it stays the same all day, but anecdotally, the few times I've happened to need a quest at the same time as my companion and we both spun the stop at the same time, we got the same quest.

It's rare, though, that our quests overlap, so I haven't tested this to see if it's a consistent pattern.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score

yes. it's the same for the 24 hour period. so if you find one, share it with anyone looking for that quest. then the next day, it will change.
side note: if you also find a perfect pokemon and you are above level 30, then you can share the pokemon location with others above 30 and they would have a chance for a perfect.
the only think you can't really share with others so that they would get it as well is shinies.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
we have a slack and a web page where we crowdsource all the local stop quests every day.

(I'd share, but I don't think any of you are anywhere near me [which is to your benefit, because it's currently 15F/-9C here] but since I wrote the code for the crowdsource page, if anyone has an isp that lets them have a mysql database and run perl cgi scripts, I'm happy to give out the code so you can run a local version for yourself.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.