MAN-BOOKER SHORTLIST 2015 - Who're in? Place your bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

kennyc

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I've got the Anne Tyler, she's always a good read.....never heard of any of the others....other than Rushdie

Last edited:

lacygnette

Sucked in by AW again
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.terrilewis1.com
I, too, read the Tyler by accident. The book was in our local Little Library and I picked it up. The best of hers. I always thought she was okay, fun, quirky, interesting. The Spool of Blue Thread is mature and has a depth I never found in her early work.

Pretty sure I won't read A Little Life. Sounds too dark for this time of incredible darkness in the world. Also long. The Nightingale was similarly bruited about and long - I hated it as it went on and on.

The Fisherman sounds really good. A brief read on Amazon showed an interesting use of language supporting his story. I'll give it a try.

From the long list, I'll probably read Lila, and give the Clegg and the Enright a try...

The others will have to wait until I hear more about them. (Of course there's the National Book Award long list to consider too. So many books, so little time.)

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
Of the shortlist, I've only read A Brief History of Seven Killings so my opinion is sort of null and void. I will say I thought James' book was extremely original and captivating. I would not be shocked to see it win.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Have you been living under the proverbial rock, InBloom? It won months ago!
I downloaded a sample but it's not my cup of tea at all. I'm happy, though, that a Jamaican won it.

InBloom

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, wow! I don't really follow literary news all that closely and I just clicked on the shortlist from this page and saw it listed there. It was referred to me by a friend so I didn't read any reviews or anything that would've given away that it won.

Status
Not open for further replies.