A lot harder to get reviews on romance review sites now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
It does suck. But like you said, thems the breaks.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am not sure where "new authors" came in. I am very much an "old" author with solid but not best-seller status in my genre. And I am in the same boat.

Evangeline

Twirling in a glass of champagne
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.edwardianpromenade.com
I look at it this way: you can either view this as a roadblock for new or midist authors, or you can be proactive. Hire an indie PR firm that specializes in your genre. Form a street team. Pair up with like-genre authors for promotion. Build your platform through interesting online content. Talk about other author's books. Forge relationships with people on social media--it can be as low-key as live-tweeting a favorite show and responding to the tweets of bloggers/authors who are watching it too.

Because the top response from readers when asked where they get their book recommendedations is always from someone they know. Book Blogger Maven doesn't know you from the man in the moon, so your books are not a priority when they're looking at new releases by their favorite authors and books recommended by trusted sources.

stephsco

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stephaniescott.net
I've never contacted sites directly, so I guess that's just a question of my publishers doing a better job at reaching the big guys? I'm not sure.

Just wanted to chime in that I really like the cover for Center Ice. Entangled Crush does great covers. I have a few writer friends who publish with Entangled and seem to have positive experiences with the pub and marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.