Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
A friend of mine sentme the following email. It's a great job, but I suppose you need to speak German! Ilshofen is in South Germany, in Baden-Württemburg. If you know anyone, or would like to try yourself.... contact me.

When I retire next summer, there will be a vacancy as a technical translator at ****** in Ilshofen within the team of 6.

As I am the only native speaker in the whole company at present, it would be nice to find a native speaker to follow me on. The position will be advertised in the new year. However, if you know of anyone suitable looking for a job, do let me know. A recommendation is far better than going through piles of unsuitable applications. It should be a qualified translator, or if not qualified on paper then by experience. With suitable qualifications it could also be a career starter.

So please keep your ears open. With the trend to outsource these days, there aren't too many positions as translators in companies. Being in the company makes life so much easier, with the technical editors at hand to explain what they meant if something is unclear, and the machines only a few steps away to look at. I should hate to work from a translation bureau with no contact to the authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.