• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Harding Agency / The Cooke Agency

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone queried Sally Harding lately?

[Edited to add: They have a "don't query except by referral" etc. note on their home page at the moment, but I don't think it was there 6 weeks ago. Otherwise, why would I have queried her, right?]

Last edited:

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Holy! I got an e-mail today from Sally Harding! She want's to give me "the Call"! I'm super stoked! I've already received an offer from a rockstar agent, looks like I've got a decision to make. I can't believe this is happening!!!!!!

Last edited:

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa! (and) Wow! Nice job! Congratulations on your fabulous twin offers!! What a great place to be!

Do you have time to share dates and statistics?
(query --> partial --> full --> offer) You know, toss some crumbs of hope to those of us still waiting down here in query hell? (Especially to the one who just discovered today she misspelled "received" in her status query to Ms. Harding last week? <sob>)

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Honeysock

Absolutely! Let's see, I queried the Cook agency (actually addressed my query to Ms. Hu, not Sally who ended up getting back to me) on September 17th, Elizabeth Griffin got back to me on November 27th (by then I'd already had a number of fulls out). On November 30th, I received an offer from !r3n3(!) and let the Cooke agency know in a status update. Heard back from Sally today asking if she could call to discuss my mss (!)

So, it took quite a while to hear back from the query, but that doesn't seem to mean they aren't interested (I know some agencies say "no response means no which causes worry)

OMG I'm on The Call RIGHT NOW...will keep responding later...

Good luck Honeysock, I hope you get out of QLH soon (urgh...QLH...shudder)

Last edited:

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, sorry about that

Anyway, on Nov. 30th Elizabeth asked to see the first 30 pages of the mss and I sent them off. When I sent the update, I attached the full mss in case they wanted to take a look-which they did.

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Ha I would have an extra glass of wine for you to... if I was old enough to drink :) I'm still sooo happy for you! What a day!

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks bclements! How is your submission process going? I'm still in awe of your stats!!

AimeeLS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.godtoldmetosaythat.blogspot.com
Hi Soulcascade - did you end up going with the Cooke Agency, or someone else? I've had a request for a full from them and just wondering if you know anything about how they work or whether they're successful in the States?

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Hi Soulcascade - did you end up going with the Cooke Agency, or someone else? I've had a request for a full from them and just wondering if you know anything about how they work or whether they're successful in the States?

Sally Harding is A. Lee Martinez's agent, and he's been very successful here.

Brukaviador

Registered
Reaction score
I met Sally Harding at a Writer's Conference, and gave her my pitch with an invite to submit. Though my project didn't turn out to be for her, I thought she was professional, polite, intelligent, and a generally nice person. I would confidently submit other projects to her or her agency again in the future.