The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Blue Heron Literary

Blue Heron Literary

Looks new. I found her on Publisher's Marketplace. She used to work for Sheldon Fogelman which is a good sign. She doesn't have any sales listed.

http://www.blueheronliterary.com/

Any experience with Amy Levenson?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?

None personally. She has photos from some of the main bookfairs at the bottom of her website, which implies that she attends them. And if she does, that's a pretty hefty expense for someone who isn't making money (or expecting to make it soon).

No presence on QueryTracker, which goes towards your "she's new!" theory. She also appears professional. If I were still searching, I'd probably query her.

ETA: Query with the understanding that if she offered, I'd need to know much more about her contacts and plan of attack before signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    None personally. She has photos from some of the main bookfairs at the bottom of her website, which implies that she attends them. And if she does, that's a pretty hefty expense for someone who isn't making money (or expecting to make it soon).

No presence on QueryTracker, which goes towards your "she's new!" theory. She also appears professional. If I were still searching, I'd probably query her.

ETA: Query with the understanding that if she offered, I'd need to know much more about her contacts and plan of attack before signing.
    Definitely. I queried her yesterday, so we'll see what happens. She looks promising.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter Articles and writing tips for YA, inspirational quotes for writers and cats

FIX ME Goodreads Giveaway

Want to read FIX ME right now?