Holding Ourselves A-Count-Able

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Post the number of words you wrote today, or some other aspect of writing which moves you closer to your goal, whatever that goal may be. It's no shame to post Zero Words, but I think I found my cover art or Fifty words and research on wood stoves or Edited 25 pages. What we hope to see is that we're all making daily, or at least frequent, progress.

Me, yesterday, tweaking a story for which I have no market in mind, 31 words and substantial improvement.

You?

anastasiareeves

That weird chick everyone ignores.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiareeves.com
Zero words yesterday but made myself a solid promise to plan out and outline my NaNoWriMo story this year.

For the next few weeks I will be researching Nebraska and the Occult. Don't ask ;)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is not to question, only to encourage public report so you can hold yourself to it. Do remember there are people at AW who live in Nebraska.

I started a critique which is taking longer than I anticipated, so I may not get to writing today. But I feel like half a critique is lame.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
@Anastasia, I live in Nebraska and know most about the western/central areas. Hit me up if you need to! You have me curious, now. Nebraska + the occult... hmm...

I wrote a little over 1k so far today on my fantasy sequel. I'm hoping to get more done tonight. :)

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
10 words... but it was just running through copy edits back from the publisher. (Needs more days like this...) :)

anastasiareeves

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiareeves.com
@Anastasia, I live in Nebraska and know most about the western/central areas. Hit me up if you need to! You have me curious, now. Nebraska + the occult... hmm...

I wrote a little over 1k so far today on my fantasy sequel. I'm hoping to get more done tonight. :)

Great! I will send you some questions as soon as I have a cohesive list of things I need to know about. Thank you!

So far no words today but it's still early.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I got another 500 words in, making my total for the day around 2k. That's a win!

Anastasia, I'll do my best. :) And if there's something I don't know, I'm sure I can find someone who does. Friends and family live scattered in all areas of NE.

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
250 words on the novel yesterday, plus I went to someone's book launch and did some networking, otherwise known as sitting gossiping about the local bookselling/publishing scene. None of which was directly useful, but was useful for learning that. Also got to see the utterly fabulous private subscription library used as a venue for the launch, which my muse promptly started trying to find a story for.

The day before that was the first day since the start of August where I didn't write anything on the novel, but since that was because I was busy writing and rewriting Twitter pitches, I'm going to consider that my 200 words achieved.

Last edited:

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
Did a bunch of promo stuff yesterday for my novelette release tomorrow (a re-release with a new publisher). Looked around for new places to sub two rejected stories. Thought about how to turn one of my erotica shorts into an erotic romance to give me more publishing options. I'd rather not self-pub now. Either way, I want to give that some thought before revising.

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
248 words yesterday. And far too much of the day spent on trying to find the electronic master for an old fanfic zine from last millenium that someone would now like a copy of. Which also meant looking at a new printer (because the toner cartridge for my elderly SOHO class printer costs more than an entire low end colour laser), and now I'm wondering about maybe putting together a booklet with a short story as promo for next Eastercon, and that way lies cat-vacuuming.

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Took a break from revising the WIP to craft a query (257 words, now in QLH). My brain is officially fried, but at least I can say I'm looking forward to getting back into revision/rewrite mode tomorrow.

KVL

Registered
Reaction score
London, but I left my heart in San Francisco
600 words on the WIP, 400ish on an outline (which I'll more than likely deviate from, but am still counting). I should probably concentrate on doing some promo (pre-promo? December release date) this coming week. Though I did update my website recently with pre-order links, so yay and stuff.

Since both (!!!) kids are in full time school, my new daily goal is 1200 words, though I'm giving myself a pass on Sat/Sun if carving out writing time proves to be difficult. That'll give me 6kish words a week.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a pretty respectable number, if you ask me. Go, girl!

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
1k done with writing, plus 70 pages edited, and interview finally written. Just... need... coffee...

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
No writing for me yet this weekend. Not sure if I'll get anything done today. Just not feeling well. Hopefully tomorrow.

ETA: Despite having wrist pains, I did manage a little over 700 words. :)

Last edited:

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
Wrote five pages by hand last night as a car passenger with no electronic writing device. I kept forgetting that I couldn't "save file" (having been traumatized by a hard drive failure this summer). I've been known to lose such drafts, with only a "see notes" remaining on the digital copy.

anastasiareeves

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiareeves.com
Managed about 200 words yesterday despite not feeling well. Still keep adding to a story I will never share. I keep trying to convince myself it's good to at least be writing something.

garyh412

Registered
Reaction score
Zero words on anything story-wise but I've been busy here this evening and may have found a Crit/Swap buddy to help me work through my erotic stories about Summer (girl not season)...

It's all good. It's ALL good!!!

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
Worked on the outline and did a brief check of chapters I'd written a while ago to see where they fit. Still haven't had time to type the new material. Browsed beta readers listed in Goodreads BDSM group. Still doing some promo for the new release.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did some "mental writing" which will complete the novella I'm doing, which was once a short story. All I have to do now is type it up. Fingers crossed for it not seeming totally stupid when I see it written down.

Maryn, totally stupid at times

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
I typed some of what I hand-wrote the other day -- 710 words. It looks like the total will be in the 1500 neighborhood, maybe more. With all the editing I'm doing along the way, it's taking a long time. That, and trying to read my handwriting.

I've been working on this story for years. I sold a few chapters as stand-alone pieces, but I had always intended to write a novel. No one has exclusive rights to the published bits -- they're either nonexclusive or returned to me.

garyh412

Registered
Reaction score
Zero tally on the writting front today mostly because I shot a local marching band show. Actually it was six different marching bands and lasted for about eight and a half hours so after upoading my 1,200 pics to the disti website I'm pretty much wasted at this point. On the up side I did indeed settle with a Crit & Swap partner (YEA!) so I'm very much looking forward to getting engaged on that front. Also my 13 yo daughter and I did some writing prompt exercises in the blank spaces of time between bands today so at least I worked on my craft in a general sense. Oh and I got my blog space initiated so with just a little more set up I'll have a spot to write and post on a daily or semi-daily basis going forward. Stay tuned for the link in my signature line very soon.

Night all!