New Site For Writers And Readers

donsloan

Registered
Reaction score
Promote your book or pick up a new one free or cheap at this carefully curated new resource for writers and readers. Promote your book for free on KDP Free days to a list of 25 sites linked to this site. Or, just drop by and click the Follow button for a very concise e-book recommendation each day, sent directly to your inbox! Good luck, and keep writing! https://justfreeandbargainbooks.wordpress.com/free-promo-sites-for-authors/

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Moved from Publishing FAQs. Now convince me why I shouldn't delete it as spam.

donsloan

Registered
Reaction score
Just trying to make a resource available and get more followers on my blog. Sorry. It won't happen again. I'll also remove the link from my signature. Thanks. Don

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Just trying to make a resource available and get more followers on my blog. Sorry. It won't happen again. I'll also remove the link from my signature. Thanks. Don

Don having the link in your sig is fine. We encourage that. Put it in your Profile too.

What we don't encourage are drive-bys designed to create traffic.

If you want to have more traffic, engage with the community about books and writing, and traffic will follow.

There's a second issue in that we have seen so many sites like yours; they're called display sites.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Having a link in your sig is perfectly fine. Self-promotional posts, however, belong in designated threads and forums (e.g., Absolute Writers' Blogs).

ETA: ninja'd by Admin, natch.

donsloan

Registered
Reaction score
OK. Thanks. I appreciate the leniency and will stick to participating in the community.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, Don. We look forward to getting to know you.

Maryn, smoothing her hostess apron*

*God, even knowing what those are makes me ancient, huh?