• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] Channillo, Inc.

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
She might unfollow, as I had unfollowed sometime last year and sure enough she eventually unfollowed me as well.

Freya Yuki

Registered
Reaction score
Website
freyayuki.tumblr.com
I also first found out about Channillo via Twitter. Someone (can't remember exactly who at the moment) followed me and when I checked that person's profile, the site listed was Channillo and some of the tweets were promoting Channillo. Curious, I checked out the site and also started looking for more information about it. I didn't join.

I agree with what the others here have said. It seems pointless to join if you're going to be expected to do your own marketing, etc. If that's the case, you might as well just self-publish, right?

Also, thanks to the person who gave the meaning for YADS.

Last edited:

PandaNinja

Panda loves ninjas~
Registered
Reaction score
My work is currently still on Channillo. I will remove it to revamp it, but noticed someone on is selling my novel on Amazon that's on Channillo. I'm not sure how ti get that removed, but I'm trying to look into it. :(

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I'm reviving this old thread because a friend sent me a link to Channillo's current Craigslist ad. I thought this paragraph was relevant:

"[FONT=&quot]Note: Readers must have a membership to subscribe to Channillo series but writers are NOT required to purchase one (although many do get one so that they can read other series). Occasionally, potential writers misunderstand this and think were asking people to 'pay to write' and this is absolutely not the case."

[/FONT]So, that's good. But, I don't know if the platform is a good one for professional writers, or if the promotion has improved. Are Craigslist ads effective? (Link to ad is below.)[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wrg/d/carmel-channillo-series-writers/7128463257.html

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And, read the link right to the bottom. They have something I've seen once before: A pitch for authors to give their earnings, such as they may be, 'to charity'.

Yes, they pay you almost nothing, charge you for networking, and then hope you're desperate enough to curry favour that you would just hand over your pittance to do with what they will.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Hm. I was thinking of putting up a new ghost story collection there, but maybe I'll stick with Curious Fictions. (Where, much to my surprise, the current "Featured Story" is one of mine. Even more to my surprise, this got me a nice little payout from subscriptions, even though everything I have up so far is free.)