Status
Not open for further replies.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Uh-oh. Looks like I have to go into crochet-emergency-mode for the next couple weeks. The delivery date for State Fair entries is sooner than I thought!

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
NORMAL SLEEP last night! First time this week! Hurrah! All that rest is making me feel froggy. I may have to do some writing!

:banana: NORMAL SLEEP IS AWESOME.

Gotta say...I was so confused when I clicked on the old thread in my subscriptions and found it closed. :Wha:

*wanders around Cantina inspecting shiny new digs*

We need glitter. Imma fix that right now.

*runs around throwing glitter into the air*

Ah. Much better. :greenie

ION: Uncanny Magazine is open to subs again. I just submitted.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
A green dragon with a glitter allergy? Gosh, someone tell my MC about that one.

*and then he trained for six long hard years in glitter-combat so when he finally faced the dragon he would be prepared.*

tianaluthien

What I do is not up to you
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
*AAAAHHHH!!!!!*
*Running from all the glitters.... makes me sneeze aCHOO!*

A green dragon with a glitter allergy? Gosh, someone tell my MC about that one.

*and then he trained for six long hard years in glitter-combat so when he finally faced the dragon he would be prepared.*

:ROFL:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
You guys have no idea how long I spent checking if I was logged in, and wondering why I couldn't type a reply into the cantina before I realised the old thread was locked....

Zaris

Registered
Reaction score
Today just reached the critical 25 000 words, first five chapters... out of an estimated 125 000. Quite good, considering the fact that i started writing less then a month ago.

Minor character appeared and i have decided to radically alter the plot. I hate minor characters that you initially put them just as fillers, but without any intention, they develop on their own and determine you to make changes to the story-line.

Elise-K-Ra'sha

Driving myself crazy with writing
Registered
Reaction score
Today just reached the critical 25 000 words, first five chapters... out of an estimated 125 000. Quite good, considering the fact that i started writing less then a month ago.

Minor character appeared and i have decided to radically alter the plot. I hate minor characters that you initially put them just as fillers, but without any intention, they develop on their own and determine you to make changes to the story-line.

Yep. I had that happen in The Sons of Thor. I killed off two but then named them and liked them so I had to rewrite them into the plot.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
*waves at new person*

Ali, I'm really glad you're going to be able to see your grandmother. I hope the trip goes well.

Date was good guys. Like, met at 6pm, drinks, then dinner, then change of venue, then coffee, then more drinks, then part at train station at 1130 good.

Not entire sure what happens next, or when to broach the whole 24 year old virgin thing, but I figure I'll take it as it comes, and enjoy myself in the meantime.

But yes. Much fun was had. And while I intended to be on my best behaviour, I was quite blunt and I may have ranted a bit, and he seemed to find it charmingly amusing rather than being put off by it all, so yay?!

:D *hugs Cantina*

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta say...I was so confused when I clicked on the old thread in my subscriptions and found it closed. :Wha:

You guys have no idea how long I spent checking if I was logged in, and wondering why I couldn't type a reply into the cantina before I realised the old thread was locked....

Threads start behaving weird (bad-weird, not good-weird) after they top about 20k, so that's usually when we reboot the Cantina.

Welcome to the Cantina :) Minor characters do that.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats on 25k. :)

This happens to me all the time. I actually like it. :D It gives me a fun surprise to look forward to and reminds me to not be so strict with my planning.

There was supposed to be this unnamed side character who handed the MC a letter and left. That's it. That was his only role and purpose to the story. But OF COURSE the side character did this while we were in a pub and then drinks were passed around before long, he had a name, he had wants, he had desires and to my utter surprise he started traveling with the MC as they headed back to the palace together. And THEN I can came to find out, someone had sent this minor character on a freaking spy mission to spy on the MC.

Jeez, for a guy who just needed to deliver a letter, he sure ended up playing a major friggin role.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
This happens to me all the time. I actually like it. :D It gives me a fun surprise to look forward to and reminds me to not be so strict with my planning.
I like it too. Me being more of a pantser than a planner, little surprises like that can help progress the story when I'm stuck.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Zaris, make yourself at home. The kraken was fed this morning, so swimming in the lake will be mostly tentacle-less, if you're feeling froggy. Watch out for the raptors. Don't mind the robot wandering around; his name is Steve (I think) and he's got booze.

Can't stick around. Headache.

Corsairs

Saying it twice for truth
Registered
Reaction score

There was supposed to be this unnamed side character who handed the MC a letter and left. That's it. That was his only role and purpose to the story. But OF COURSE the side character did this while we were in a pub and then drinks were passed around before long, he had a name, he had wants, he had desires and to my utter surprise he started traveling with the MC as they headed back to the palace together. And THEN I can came to find out, someone had sent this minor character on a freaking spy mission to spy on the MC.

Jeez, for a guy who just needed to deliver a letter, he sure ended up playing a major friggin role.
God, I love when this happens. The villain of my story has a wife. I had it all outlines. She was supposed to be a not-so-nice lady whom we heard a not-so-nice anecdote about. One nasty story, and that's all she wrote. We'd never even see her.

She ended up becoming one of the story's arch-villains. Pushy woman, that one. :evil

Status
Not open for further replies.