The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Guilty pleasure so... no.

Usually when I say things like that, I imagine people are thinking of something more embarrassing than what I actually am referring to.

(And if I knew more dumb animes, I'd use that Spongebob "you like Krabby Patties" face to jokingly guess what it is.)

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Dangit, I keep trying to upload a different avie pic, and it flat won't work. Apparently it really likes that square pic.

Aha, I figured it out! I was trying to change the profile pic, not the avatar (duh).

Last edited:

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Usually when I say things like that, I imagine people are thinking of something more embarrassing than what I actually am referring to.

(And if I knew more dumb animes, I'd use that Spongebob "you like Krabby Patties" face to jokingly guess what it is.)
Probably true.

It's not dumb, per se, it's not even really bad, I just don't know what category to place it in other than "what." or "that's kinda uncomfortable to watch" for a third of the show. That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was up your alley.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Sunday mornings are my one morning I can usually sleep in a little. (Saturdays sometimes too, but less often as Mr. Aggy tends to work on Saturdays.) Got up a little before 8 and made coffee and cornmeal pancakes. Now I've got the Southern Gothic manuscript open and tackling the last 40 pages of edits. Hoping to knock it out today.

Also hoping to get back to the Spider Thief novel, but no sweat if it has to wait 'til tomorrow.

It's rainy here again today, but not the torrential and stormy stuff we had earlier in the week so that's good. We really need the rain, but not the flash flooding and tornadoes.

Aggy, sleepy

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
I am redoing the caulking in my shower today. Turns out removing the caulk is the hard part. But I have a caulk remover tool, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Edits are done and the MS sent back to my editor. Contemplating a hot shower and a nap next.

Then more words, I hope.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I tired. Energetic Sunday school kids were energetic. *flops*

Yesterday evening I wasn't sure I'd be able to go to church because I was feeling kinda queasy and icky, but after a good night's sleep I felt better and was able to go. Guess it was just one of those 24 hr bugs or something. I really didn't want to miss the service because we're doing Christmas related services all month and I always love those. The kids choir sang too so that was nice. Glad I felt better and still feel better.

Will do more werdz today.

It's quiet today. Too quie- *gets swallowed whole by kraken*
Heeey, spit her out right this very instant, Elizabeth! *does the heimlich maneuver on the kracken* *Rel pops out covered in kraken spit*

Ew. Where's her left shoe? *Elizabeth coughs, a shoe comes flying out* Thanks.

I am redoing the caulking in my shower today. Turns out removing the caulk is the hard part. But I have a caulk remover tool, and I'm not afraid to use it!
When my mom and I caulked some things in the bathroom the hardest part for us was just squeezing the stuff out, even with the caulk tool. My mom tried standing on it and the back end of the tube burst open. It was easier to get the stuff out then...

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
When my mom and I caulked some things in the bathroom the hardest part for us was just squeezing the stuff out, even with the caulk tool. My mom tried standing on it and the back end of the tube burst open. It was easier to get the stuff out then...

:ROFL:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
FriendlyFrog I love LinuxLite. Very easy to use and the UI looks a lot like a regular windows machine. Even acts like it. I have it on the netbook. I'm probably going to put it on the Thinkpad for an extra machine and use a Linux base as a server on the Frankenstein computer. It does take a bit of getting used to and you can't just click and run programs like you can on windows but it's not difficult. I'm still learning the coding which would be handy when customizing a few things.
The coding is where I very much fail. So a Windows-like Linux is probably the way to go for me. I'm going to take note of LinuxLite.

Here's a shot of the aforementioned award ribbons (23 in all) that haunted my days for the last month. All those color fields are applique fabric.
Oooh, those are awesome! One'd join a competition just to win one of those beauties!

I never tried booting from USB. I always just burned a CD and booted from that when I wanted to try a new flavor.
I guess I wanted to go with USB-booting so much because I think (frankly I's been depressingly long since I looked at it) I had read back then it would allow me to save things I did in the linux more than a CD could. Maybe next time I should just stick to CD's.

Eventually I ended up buying a new windows laptop since we needed a strong enough machine sooner than I could figure out Linux which removed the immediate necessity of getting linux on my old laptop and meant I could stop trying.

Although Linux works in theory from USB, I've always found it to be a right pain. Like Debio, I burned a CD and that was very reliable. I've also dual booted and while you have to be a bit careful with the initial partitioning, it can give you the best of both worlds. Probably need to go back to that, it's getting to be an issue not having Microsoft Office for some work stuff.
I'm glad I'm not the only who had trouble with booting from USB. I really thought it was my incompetence that couldn't make it work and it contributed to me abandoning the whole idea.

I found both book and movie fascinating and terrifying when they came out. Rewatched the movie recently and kept wishing the kids would get eaten so they would stop screaming. I think that time may have changed the characters I relate to...
Heheheh. There is quite a bit of screaming in that movie, even the dinosaurs join in!

If you're game to try again, can I suggest Linux Mint w/ the Cinnamon desktop? You can download an ISO and burn it to a CD, boot from that to play with it before committing. If you like it, you can install it alongside windows w/o having to mess with partitions and crap; it takes care of installing the bootloader for you. It's one of the most user-friendly linuxes out there, at least that I've found, and that's what I install for students in my linux classrooms. Uh, and if you do try it and get stuck, ping me?
That's very nice of you to offer. :) I may take you up on it if I should have a crack at again it in the near future. Mint happens to be one of the versions I was looking into so I'm glad I wasn't picking too badly.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Heeey, spit her out right this very instant, Elizabeth! *does the heimlich maneuver on the kracken* *Rel pops out covered in kraken spit*
Ew. Where's her left shoe? *Elizabeth coughs, a shoe comes flying out* Thanks.

Elizabeth, I told you to stop eating people. Bad Kraken. No cookie. *Elizabeth looks like she's going to attack again* ...Okay, maybe one cookie.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all know how I frequently - dare I say, "am forever" - attempting to peptalk and cheer you all on in a generally pleasant, kind, understanding manner meant not to belittle your problems or make hard times seem less hard or invalidate any issue ever, but to make the one who has those problems and hard times seem bigger and more valid and capable and awesomeeeeeer?

Well, could someone do that for me now please? :\ I haz had a poopy day full of poo. Not anything serious or overwhelmingly bad, just, like, enough to make me want to crawl into a small, warm, dark, soft, underground lair complete its own library of every book I ever wanted to read, ever, and never leave that small, warm, dark, soft, underground lair. I want a lair! (or someone to say something nice to me... pwetty pwease?)

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Sorry to hear you are having a BLERGH day!

*kicks Elizabeth out of her giant kraken lair so Dammy can skulk..or flap in the dark of night (sorry...DarkWing Duck moment there)*
*leaves fresh salt water taffy because sugary goodness is good*
*scrambles in a light squeaky, screaming jog along the lakeshore, with a giant angry kraken rumbling in her wake*

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Aw, Dammy. *hugs the bunneh and gives him glass of wine I stole from Tiddly in another thread*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
*gets a shovel and starts digging*

...this might take a while, Dammy. I'd get the dryads to help but they've gone into hibernation for the winter. I assume. Or whatever it is they do in the winter. And I'd get lilyRAPTORCOLORED to help except she alternates between kicking the dirt directly into my face and slobbering all over my face.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My head hurts. Too much muscle tension. I need a few hours in the EZ Freeze, defiling Dean Winchest-- err, umm I meant, exploring muscle relaxation techniques. Lots of exploring.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
*gets a shovel and starts digging*

...this might take a while, Dammy. I'd get the dryads to help but they've gone into hibernation for the winter. I assume. Or whatever it is they do in the winter. And I'd get lilyRAPTORCOLORED to help except she alternates between kicking the dirt directly into my face and slobbering all over my face.

It doesn't have to be big, I'm just a bunny! :eek: But thank you lily, I appreciate your taking the time to get dirt kicked in your face for me. :) :Hug2:

Aw, Dammy. *hugs the bunneh and gives him glass of wine I stole from Tiddly in another thread*

Sorry to hear you are having a BLERGH day!

*kicks Elizabeth out of her giant kraken lair so Dammy can skulk..or flap in the dark of night (sorry...DarkWing Duck moment there)*
*leaves fresh salt water taffy because sugary goodness is good*
*scrambles in a light squeaky, screaming jog along the lakeshore, with a giant angry kraken rumbling in her wake*

You's guys are teh swellest! :')

My head hurts. Too much muscle tension. I need a few hours in the EZ Freeze, defiling Dean Winchest-- err, umm I meant, exploring muscle relaxation techniques. Lots of exploring.

You and me, both...

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Cantina, for the first time in over a year I wrote words, and they're not completely horrific. I think I may have finally figured out the direction this story needs to take. It's about time. I only started this thing like 9 years ago.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Cantina, for the first time in over a year I wrote words, and they're not completely horrific. I think I may have finally figured out the direction this story needs to take. It's about time. I only started this thing like 9 years ago.

:e2bear: :e2bear: :e2bear: :e2bear: :e2bear:

I hadn't been able to get any writing done in a long time, but the 2017 FFC Countdown thingy has really kicked my productivity into gear and given me two pretty-inspiring stories. (Also one shamelessly-stupid thing because why not.) And I've just finished demonstrating that I don't understand the entire point of "flash" fiction with tonight's weekly Flash Fiction Challenge.

(A new prompt every Sunday night! Check out the FFC subforum for details and stories! Password is "flashed". :greenie And sorry for the ad. :tongue)

JJ Litke

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com

Wow, major breakthrough! :banana:

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all know how I frequently - dare I say, "am forever" - attempting to peptalk and cheer you all on in a generally pleasant, kind, understanding manner meant not to belittle your problems or make hard times seem less hard or invalidate any issue ever, but to make the one who has those problems and hard times seem bigger and more valid and capable and awesomeeeeeer?

Well, could someone do that for me now please? :\ I haz had a poopy day full of poo. Not anything serious or overwhelmingly bad, just, like, enough to make me want to crawl into a small, warm, dark, soft, underground lair complete its own library of every book I ever wanted to read, ever, and never leave that small, warm, dark, soft, underground lair. I want a lair! (or someone to say something nice to me... pwetty pwease?)

Sorry you had a rough day! *Gives you a pile of books to read*

Yay! That's great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.