Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Oh, lord. I feel like I'm dying. I thought I felt a little better this morning. Then started running a five degree fever and puking up everything except water. Uuuuggggghhhhhh.

Aggy, where's the smibble pile?

On the plus side, at least you're keeping water down?

*provides antiemetic and then hugs at arms length*

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Water stays down. Have also eaten a few crackers and one tiny scoop of ice cream. (It was the only food I could think about eating without feeling nauseous.) Remembered I had a heating pad in the closet and it has helped quite a bit with the muscle ache. Also managed some acetaminophen last night which took down most of the fever. (Although the "butcher knife through the forehead" headache lasted 'til the middle of the night when the "knife in the back of my neck" pinched nerve finally relaxed and unpinched.) Feeling a little better this morning so hopefully will continue on an upward trend.

Currently sitting with heating pad, furry blanket and a couple of cats for a while before trying to grab a few more hours of sleep.

The snow last night was mixed with rain and then more snow so no sledding for Monkey because it didn't stick to the ground.

Aggy, heating pad goes from "slightly warm" to "whew, hot flash"

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Yaknow that feel you get when you're having so much fun you forget to eat or drink, and then everything just stops, and goes down hill in the most catastrophic and least fun way evar? And then, rather like a rebellious Sisyphus, refuses to go back up the hill? AND THEN you're just stuck there in that pit of despair and poofulness all like: "Butts! :(" Well that was all me yesterday.
:flag:

I was playing D&D again for the first time in months, and it was great and fun and NOT kinky or weird for once. I was just going about my bidness, worshiping the evil god, Bane, of the Forgotten Realms, killin' people and delivering messages, generally being a super awesome werewolf person, when, POOF! The anxiety hit. I freaked out, got mega sad and nasty and stuff, and had to call a break for fear of getting worse :'(.

In the end, I made supper and felt better - yay me! Spaghetti and mushrooms :eek: - and we continued to game with lighter hearts. I killed off my current main and his boyfriend NPC because I was tired of all the stressful decisions and scary evil people, and made a new Character! A hunter/rogue/bard with a magical lute that can influence people's emotions (so original, I know!! :p). I kept striking ballads to change the ambience of the situations and made friends with a bunch of evil henchmen. They gave me beer. :D But by then the day was over... :\ on the bright side, I sent my Sisyfus story to my DM because he's cool and wanted to read about :censored:censored:censored:censored :D.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
-_-

Okay so the newbie writer who contacted me a few days ago just put up some editorial ads up on a few boards. Now I know he has a couple of projects such as a magazine that he's wanting to put together so I am giving him the benefit of a doubt. BUT, if he's going behind my back and trying to undercut my editing price, I'll willingly wash my hands of him. I am awaiting his response to my PM. (and no he's not on this board)

If you've got a problem with my price, talk to me. I can say that the people that I've been working with say my price is too low and I should up my pricing. Which I probably will some after a while. But I need some clients first.

Oh and just saw the new WW trailer. That took the bad taste out of my mouth. I want the soundtrack to write by.

And just heard from author.
He's looking for an editor for his magazine. *shrug
At least he's getting some ideas as to how much this costs. (I've already given him my bid for it.)

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I hope ill peeps are feeling better.

In writing news, I bought some dividers for my ideas folder. Technically, it's progress.

Oh, and I am finally getting around to the Wheel of Time series.

Last edited:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Ice skating for the year is done. I'm not sorry. Still, plenty of words were written there this year. After four months, I've not written in two days (worked on a different crafty project instead) and it's amazing how good and guilty I feel. Not going to get too used to it tho: starting a rewrite tomorrow (on a different draft). Worried about hitting that overwhelmed wall where I feel incapable of making decisions or evaluating my work, but I'm going to keep showing up until I push through it. Nothing else to do! :e2BIC:

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
WOot My car is fixed and at a much lower price than expected! We go pick it up this week sometime. (and pay for it)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*writes while listening to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild soundtrack*

*is relaxed by a several minute track with light, tinkly, piano music she had to raise volume several notches to hear*

*track changes*

*is blasted out by SUDDEN LOUD TRUMPET FANFARE*

Watching-cat-scared.gif

*rips earbuds out* ASDFJKL!!!! WHAT THE HECK EVIL SOUNDTRACK WRITING PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
WOot My car is fixed and at a much lower price than expected! We go pick it up this week sometime. (and pay for it)
Well I'm still waitin' on mine. I've been separated from my car for over a month now. Can't your psyduck do anything?:Shrug:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I wonder if Psyduck can help me get my writing folders organised on Dropbox. They are an absolute shambles. In good news though I found I have over 60 writing ideas in various places. Once I get my backups sorted I have something to get my teeth into. :e2writer:

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Cantina.

On day four of fever and body ache. So miserable. It is SSSFFSS day though, so looking forward to a story in a while.

So ready to be feeling better. I have deadlines to meet. >_<

Aggy, uuuuggggghhhhh

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I hope you start feeling better soon Aggy.

Files sorted, and I even printed something out, AND this time I remembered to print the page numbers on! I think this earns me a reward, where's the tea?

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Back from my weekend! It went swimmingly. I even got some beading done, not only during the event on Saturday, but on the ride home Sunday, since I was hitching with someone. Yes, I was beading in the back seat of the car. Because I'm fantastic that way.

Just wrote the last 1k words of my draft.:e2woo:
It's the smelliest pile of crap you'll never want to get near, but at least it's done and can now be fixed. I was supposed to finish before March, but ssffsss edits and acquiring a puppy pushed my goals back. Oh well. Now, I've got a busy weekend planned and I have to get caught up on my TBR pile before they lock me up for my library fines. Then I'll get back to poking this crap pile again.:e2poke:

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Oh, but before I go...there's a BEAD SALE at my local go-to spot tomorrow. 50% off!!! Unfortunately, it's because they are going out of business. :/ BUT SPARKLIES. Not that I need new sparklies given the, um, rather large stash I have sitting in my floor to ceiling cabinet right now...BUT SPARKLIES. Winks hasn't bought any new sparklies in FOREVER (said in voice of doom and destruction).

It shall be my reward after kickboxing. And after I remember to pick up my dry cleaning.

Yes yes.

Sparklies! I love all the sparklies. It appeals to my inner magpie. Of course, dragons LOVE sparklies.

May all who travel have good stories to tell when they return!

Speaking of which... Um, guys, I'm writing. I never write, at least not since the last time my characters went mute at 70k and refused to tell me the ending. For the last few years, they've sulked long and hard about the new rule: No ending, no writing. Well, they have an ending. And they won't shut up about it. So, I'm on Chap 3 of their novella.

So far, taking March off has resulted in a very productive month!

WOOHOO on writing again! Release the floodgates!

I'm almost done on my current Beta promise. Should be done today. Then I can get back to my scene list for Misfortune of Song.

As a nice note - I sold over 200 copies of my new book opening week AND got 10 reviews on Amazon already. Whew! That's a good thing. I think 10 is the minimum for even the strictest of Amazon sites (except for Bookbub which SAYS they have no minimum, but most of their featured picks are at least 100).

Also, my friend, Julie just messaged me and said my new book had her crying :)

So, I fell on my hand the other day, and it appears to have swollen up and turned purple with bruise....

Whiiich means my one-handed typing is so slow that it's driving me mad rather than letting me get in the zone.

Ouchie! Heal well!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
While I have been writerizing as of late, I do believe I'll have to pass on Camp NaNo, because I'll probably be spending a good amount of April in Space Camp.

...not actual Space Camp, but playing Mass Effect: Andromeda... =^_^=

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
*writes while listening to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild soundtrack*

*is relaxed by a several minute track with light, tinkly, piano music she had to raise volume several notches to hear*

*track changes*

*is blasted out by SUDDEN LOUD TRUMPET FANFARE*

Watching-cat-scared.gif

*rips earbuds out* ASDFJKL!!!! WHAT THE HECK EVIL SOUNDTRACK WRITING PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!

This happens to me, but with the change between Enya and The Pogues... I have diverse musical taste within the Celtic Musicsphere.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm still waitin' on mine. I've been separated from my car for over a month now. Can't your psyduck do anything?:Shrug:

We've been without mine since November. We had to save up the $ to get it fixed and with Christmas, kids needing $ for stuff and other things, well, *shrug*.
The good thing about living in a small town is people take care of each other. We got a discount on the repairs because the mechanic is a friend of my dad.

Talked to mom last night. Dad's not doing well with the medication he's on. It seems to be aggravating his mental state. Not good with a dementia patient. She wanted to pull him off of it but I advised her to speak with the dr. first. I had to explain that when it comes to medications that deal with brain chemistry, it may need to be stepped down. Since I'm not familiar with this drug I didn't know. Mom seems to be holding on to the hope that there's some magical cure for this. There isn't. Even the most experimental drugs for Alzheimer's isn't going to halt early onset dementia. Most likely Dad will be here for another year or so. (I know seems very clinical but that's how I'm processing this right now.)

But otherwise I have a new story to read. A beta read to finish commenting on. Transcriptions to type. Editing to do. Loads to do tonight. It's cool and rainy and I want to snuggle up with books.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm sick or my allergies are acting up. they present really similarly a lot of the time :/ wouldn't matter, but you take different meds depending on which it is. so I'm taking an educated guess, saying allergies, and hoping for the best

Meant to respond to this earlier, but I was on my phone, which would have made it harder. My laptop is an HP, but it came with Windows 10 rather than being updated to it, and the notifications don't affect the performance of it at all. I mainly just found the ping noises annoying. Wasn't too hard to turn the sounds off, though.

unfortunately, I found out too late that the company who was fixing my laptop didn't keep loaners on hand. they took for sale computers and just lent them to whoever paid enough to have them until someone bought one or it broke. the first loaner I had was on its last legs when I got it, and I returned it to its grave. the second wasn't as bad but was pretty awful. I'm never buying an open-box computer again.

I was playing D&D again for the first time in months, and it was great and fun and NOT kinky or weird for once. I was just going about my bidness, worshiping the evil god, Bane, of the Forgotten Realms, killin' people and delivering messages, generally being a super awesome werewolf person, when, POOF! The anxiety hit. I freaked out, got mega sad and nasty and stuff, and had to call a break for fear of getting worse :'(.

In the end, I made supper and felt better - yay me! Spaghetti and mushrooms :eek: - and we continued to game with lighter hearts. I killed off my current main and his boyfriend NPC because I was tired of all the stressful decisions and scary evil people, and made a new Character! A hunter/rogue/bard with a magical lute that can influence people's emotions (so original, I know!! :p). I kept striking ballads to change the ambience of the situations and made friends with a bunch of evil henchmen. They gave me beer. :D But by then the day was over... :\ on the bright side, I sent my Sisyfus story to my DM because he's cool and wanted to read about :censored:censored:censored:censored :D.

sometimes dnd needs to take a backseat to self care. probs a good idea that you stopped, fueled up, and reworked it to make you happier.

my game has gone full grimdark. we made a fluffy post game au to relieve the tension, but even in that au we're all emotional. but in a weird way, it's helping us all work out issues we're having in our real lives without having to discuss them directly. so that's nice?

I'm trying to put together a plan to do Camp NaNo in April. Maybe that will help.

yesss camp nano is the best! I'm doing it too :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.