Not open for further replies.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:cry: I'm sorry, EFB. :Hug2:

:cry:Everyone,:cry: everyone:cry: please,:cry: this:cry: is:cry: important....:cry: DOGPILE:cry: on :cry:Effby!!!! :Hug2:

*ALL THE HUGS* Effby.

:(

*gives Effby all the hugs*

I'm sorry :(

I'm so sorry, Effby. :Hug2:

:Hug2: Effby, he was a lovely kitteh.

Poor sweetie! Hugs to you and your family, EFB.

Effby, I'm really, really sorry. My kitty sends hugs.
*is dogpiled* *feels warm and loved if not slightly squished* Thank you so much, everyone. :e2grouphu I'm still sad and probably will be for a while, but all things considered, I think I'm handling it pretty well. It's never easy, though. :/

aliwood said:
I have good news. My latest scan was good so I'm clear. Huzzah!
This makes me VERY happy. :) :snoopy: Congratulations!

In other news....*puts on a completely normal party hat and hangs an ordinary disco ball**toots own horn*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAGGIE!:partyguy:

I had tried to write this out on my phone and then accidentally closed the browser and lost it all. *grumble* Trying again from the laptop...

Today's plans are pretty normal. For one thing, I made an Etsy sale on Saturday (It was actually from a Goodreads friend I made over the past year who's really nice and I like a lot, so yay!) that I'll get shipped out today. Also have other errands to run. Until then, I actually feel like pouring my emotions into writing, so here's hoping I make up for the complete and total lack of words over the weekend.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
YEA! for Ali

Happy birthday Maggie!

Finishing up line edit for writing boss. Then have 2 betas to do. Then have 3 adds to create. Then on Saturday a MESS of stuff to post over on FB (for a book sale.) Hopefully, some of my editing clients will finish their stuff so I can get those done. The coffers are a bit low this month.

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Mmmm. I'm starting to suspect my mum's friend is taking advantage of her. It's not that she's not generally nice, and it's not that I don't have full sympathy for her going through a bad break up with her ass of an ex-husband and needing support, but it looks like her only support is my mum, which is a little peculiar, and it's been a long time and she still calls all the time and asks my Mum for help with everything and constant socializing. It might be nothing, and I doubt it's deliberate ill will either way. But I worry.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
My editor just came back to me after one very easy rounds of edits on Call of the Morrigu.

"Do you need to see this again, or can I just send it to proofreading?"

Wow... coolness :) Unfortunately, still no news on the book cover art. Cora is booked solid for several months, so the release date is still September. Ah, well!

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
EFB: :Hug2:

Ali: :hooray:

GD: :snoopy:
Maggie: :Cake:

Everyone trying to finish camp NaNo this week: :whip:

Everyone who's already finished: :Trophy:

Good week all! :Sun:

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
*sings a mighty huzzah* GO MAXWELL! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! I SUSPECTED AS MUCH! GOOD JOB SURVIVING SO MUCH! KEEP UP THE A+WESOME!

- - - Updated - - -

*sings a mighty huzzah* GO MAXWELL! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! I SUSPECTED AS MUCH! GOOD JOB SURVIVING SO MUCH! KEEP UP THE A+WESOME!

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Wait... *runs into Cantina basement**pulls out inter-dimensional calendar* Yup, it's Maggie day.

7021edd1b28842a45d024d9327253ed8.gif

333d700d7dbfa05e469e3617bb2fd7d3.gif

Right, enough gifs.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
In the Tales of Goldstone Wood fandom we call ourselves "imps" so, yup, this new Cantina name works just fine. *makes her impish self at home with a smibble pile and an impossible imbibable*

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Thanks for the birthday wishes, y'all. :) I took the day off work because I could, and it seems to have been the correct decision. It's been raining all day, I got caught up on my lagging Camp goal, and now, vidya games!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Maggie! Let the games begin. :D

E.F.B, I'm so sorry. I love the picture. What a sweetie. :Hug2:

Greendragon, yay for easy rounds of editing! That's has to give you the warm fuzzies of confidence.

I have no warm fuzzies. Going through a bit of a confidence crisis. This is not new for me. What is new is pushing through it. Normally, this is where I shelf a book (after one or two rejections or negative reactions of any sort by pretty much anyone). I like numbers, so I've set a number of rejections to amass before I'll allow myself to chuck the manuscript on the shelf with all the others. A new book idea might be trying to come through. I'm hopeful but not expecting too much yet. It is a relief to have some characters showing up and introducing themselves...even if it is when I'm trying to sleep. These ones are sort of slippery and shy, so I'm trying not to get too excited. I need to let them play around a little, get cozy, then if I see plot bunnies hopping around them, I'll trigger the trap door.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Maggie!! :partyguy::Jump::TheWave::PartySmil

E.F.B., I am so sorry. :( Losing a furbaby is terrible. :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

If anyone is in need of cheering up: one of my students put a sticker on her forehead, ran up to me, yelled: "I'm a silly cloud!" and buzzed away.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
Aww, you gonna make me blush. :)

(Sorry I've been AWOL, guys. The classroom I took over was one hell of a hot mess. :Headbang:)

Which games did you play, Maggie? I've been playing Doom because I like the feeling of incalculable rage and constantly running out of ammo.

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
LAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!1!!!11!!!!! *leaps upon the dogpile*

Hehe, that sounds like something the kids in my Sunday school class would do. XD

Today, I saw a little boy running around the grocery store with dayglow green gym shorts on his head. XD

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
WEEP OF ME, O CANTINA, FOR I HAVE FINISHED READING TWO BOOKS IN A SINGLE MONTH!!!! D: .... no wait, three, I think it's actually three (3).. :eek: This NEVAR happens to me, like evar! I don't remember the last book-word-novel I read before this month. DAMN YOU MARISSA MEYER!!!! :D :D :D ION: I read "Scarlet, Lunar Chronicles Book II" and it was great in spite of, perhaps because of the trepidation I had going into it. There were some scary bits and some odd bits, I found like two mistakes, but didn't mark them because libraries don't like you markin' up they books??? Just like before, with "Cinder", I picked up on a couple plot-holes after the fact, but nothing particularly serious or immersion killing (for me at least, YMMV).

I think I will do a whole review thing for the Lunar Chronicles as a whole at some point, I'm only halfway through it though, so no promises. And Effby, I think it's worth finishing Scarlet if you didn't, there are some gorgeously gushy silly cutesy poopsie scenes at the end of it. I can't speak for the other books, yet, but I think, this'un is worth another shot if only for the second-to-last chapter of wonders. :eek:

If anyone is in need of cheering up: one of my students put a sticker on her forehead, ran up to me, yelled: "I'm a silly cloud!" and buzzed away.

I, er, hmmm..... do you teach teenagers? :s

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Today the repair man should be coming by to fix the broken sink sprayer. Which is good. If it's in the holder, it sprays water up and into the microwave, as well as leaking down under the sink, so we've had to lay it gently in the sing, back down, to keep from being covered in water whenever we use it.

Our garage door is fixed, but BOTH the regular mower and the riding mower need repairs at this point, so we're going to get the neighbor to mow our lawn until we can get them fixed. Lawnmower repair place has a 3-week waiting list at this point, of course.

DH is off on a road trip on Wednesday until next week. That means freedom for me! Woohoo! Thursday night is my main author group. Friday night is the once-a-month author group. Saturday I may drive up to Syracuse (2 hour drive) to be part of the Druid's grove Beltaine celebration. Sunday is a Jewish food festival in Elmira. DO ALL THE THINGS! Having a crowd-anxiety husband keeps me from going to enjoy many of the things I would normally love to attend, as I feel guilty leaving him at home and he cannot be part of it due to too many people. So I take advantage of the times he leaves.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Aww, you gonna make me blush. :)

(Sorry I've been AWOL, guys. The classroom I took over was one hell of a hot mess. :Headbang:)

Which games did you play, Maggie? I've been playing Doom because I like the feeling of incalculable rage and constantly running out of ammo.

I actually didn't play any video games after I said I was going to. XD I ended up doing some cleaning/straightening/organizing instead. But had I played games, I would have been digging into Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm enjoying it so far, even though I am terrible at it. My fingers just won't learn the controls.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
And Effby, I think it's worth finishing Scarlet if you didn't, there are some gorgeously gushy silly cutesy poopsie scenes at the end of it. I can't speak for the other books, yet, but I think, this'un is worth another shot if only for the second-to-last chapter of wonders. :eek:
IIRC I did fast-forward to the very end because I remember some cutesy gushiness. I was still kinda mad at that point, though, so I didn't find it as nice as I might otherwise have.

When you get through with the books, do you think you'll check out the new graphic novels that follow Iko? Some people apparently don't like the art style, but those of my Goodreads friends with similar tastes to mine seem to be enjoying the story, so I've marked it as a tentative want-to-read if I ever get around to finishing the main series.

We're getting our new door put in today. This is good because new door is safer and less drafty. It's bad, however, because I now feel trapped in my room going on the third hour.

Today the repair man should be coming by to fix the broken sink sprayer.
Seems the house repairs are going around lately. We've got to get the 20-year-old front and back steps replaced this year before someone falls through them. The man is coming by today to get the contract signed.

I would have been digging into Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm enjoying it so far, even though I am terrible at it. My fingers just won't learn the controls.
I just Googled the game. Doesn't look like the kind of thing I'd play, but dang, it's got quite an impressive story going on there.

Hi Cantina. I am only semi-successfully fighting off the loss-of-kitty sads today. I don't even remember what life was like before we had cats. We adopted Raisin, a tuxedo kitty, from a rescue when I was 5, and Erin showed up on the porch when I was 6. When Raisin passed three years ago, Erin was still around so while I was miserable at the loss of my first kitty, I still had another one to take care of. Now, I don't.

My mom was off from work yesterday as she always is on Mondays, and when she was off work, she was the one who did the main caretaking of the Erin kitty (food and stuff). When she was at work, Erin was my job, so this being my first day without her home and without Erin I'm just feeling sad at every little thing I no longer have to do. I'm sad I don't have to move his kitty bed from the bedroom to the living room (he liked to ride in it while I pulled it down the hallway), I'm sad his bed isn't taking up floor space, I'm sad I don't have to feed him, and I'm sad I don't have to make sure his food isn't on the floor when I'm not in the room so the beagle doesn't eat it. Most of all, I'm sad that I can't find him and pet him and hug him and he's no longer around to jump up in the chair and sit with his head on my arm until I'm guilted into petting him with one hand and typing with the other. I really miss him, guys. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.