Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
ION, there's been a recent increase in the numbers of people here being caught for historical crimes (their DNA has finally been matched on a database ect), and every time I see it happen, it just makes me deliriously happy. Like, it would have been better to catch them the first time round, but the idea of rapists and murderers thinking they got away with something, and then having it catch up to them... it just makes me fist pump slightly.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
*runs into the Cantina**runs through the door* I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! *trips over a smibble**yells something incomprehensible into the floor* I passed! I got that bachelor's! Whoo!

:hooray::hooray::hooray::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::hooray::hooray::hooray:

Yay, Rellie!

Winks: This is why I don't write pure romance. Because sometimes folks die. *cough* Sometimes I bring them back to life, but sometimes there's just death. *cough* So, just romantic subplots for me.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
*runs into the Cantina**runs through the door* I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it! *trips over a smibble**yells something incomprehensible into the floor* I passed! I got that bachelor's! Whoo!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!! Congratulations! Here, have some more bubble wrap!!! :) Seriously, fantastic achievement, many years of hard work.

I'm off tonight to set up my booth for the New York Faerie Festival! Three days this weekend and next weekend. It should be lots of fun!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Yay, kitty! Pics plz!
Yus! Kitty pics please!

ION, there's been a recent increase in the numbers of people here being caught for historical crimes (their DNA has finally been matched on a database ect), and every time I see it happen, it just makes me deliriously happy. Like, it would have been better to catch them the first time round, but the idea of rapists and murderers thinking they got away with something, and then having it catch up to them... it just makes me fist pump slightly.
This makes me deleriiusly happy as well. "Be sure your sins will find you out", oh yes. *nods*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*GASP*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Supposedly the back deck is getting finished today. I hope so because my dad's getting super angsty about people being on his property for so long and my mom and I are getting super tired of hearing the complaining. Wordage happening in the meanwhile.

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
How do you all keep the words going through the summer? I just don't have the descipline to sit down and write in the middle of a gorgous day. I guess I'm still somewhat conditioned to think of writing as frivolous hobby-time and I feel the itch to be more productive. Also, realized I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to. Ugh on both accounts. My characters still talk to me every night, but I ignore them in favor of sunshine. *sigh*

Bad writer, bad.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
Well since it's in the upper 90s here every day, hunkering down in the AC is the most appealing option. Not that I've been getting new writing done lately.

:e2woo: :e2woo: :e2woo:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Woot! :partyguy:

How do you all keep the words going through the summer? I just don't have the descipline to sit down and write in the middle of a gorgous day.

Get a laptop or a tablet with a keyboard?

The days that are way too hot are the problem days for me, when it's humid and bleh and you can't muster the energy to writerize. Hence my lack of writerizing. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
*shrugs* I ninja-write at work. I work as much in the summer as any other time. No big diff. When I'm 'in' a project, I write. When I'm not, I don't. Is what it is.

I've been fighting starting the next one until after my busy-at-work time in July, though. I don't want the muses clamoring at my soul when I'm working 12 hour days, because I don't have time for them yet!

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
I'll post pics as soon as I get him home :D he's getting one last vet check, and then he's ours! should be in the next week

CONGRATS! :partyguy:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
How do you all keep the words going through the summer? I just don't have the descipline to sit down and write in the middle of a gorgous day. I guess I'm still somewhat conditioned to think of writing as frivolous hobby-time and I feel the itch to be more productive. Also, realized I haven't been reading nearly as much as I used to. Ugh on both accounts. My characters still talk to me every night, but I ignore them in favor of sunshine. *sigh*

Bad writer, bad.
Well, my "job" right now is writing and my Etsy shop and when my mom's at work, my dad and I aren't likely to go anywhere, so I'm kinda just sitting at home trying to spend my time wisely. That involves focusing (or trying to focus) on writing from morning to mid-afternoon-ish, then crafting happens in the evening when there's actually something on TV to watch while I do it. When my mom's home, we're more likely to go places and do things away from the computer, but since my dad generally doesn't want to go or do things until well after noon, I usually have most of the morning to write, unless my mom insists on early yard work or something. In July I'll be working a paid position on Wednesdays at my church, but that's only in the evenings, so writing shall still occur in the morning. Also, it's hot and freaking humid in Virginia in summer (not to mention those dang tiger mosquitoes), so no particular desire to hang around outside unless there's something specific to do.

ETA: I sliced my finger open while making lunch. Ow. :(

Last edited:

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Back is once more adjusted. Feels so much better. Now to see if that muscle in my shoulder starts to act up again.

More freelance work today, then some gaming if I have time this evening.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

banana-giant-colorchange.gif

Way to go REL!

This is why I don't write pure romance. Because sometimes folks die. *cough* Sometimes I bring them back to life, but sometimes there's just death. *cough*

abl.jpg

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Another year, another eusocial insect invasion in the house. Seriously, this is getting rediculous. Wasps. Again. And the little bast*rds have decided to stick one to the mammal and have taken up residence in my bedroom wall with the entrance right before my window. I woke up this morning to hearing one (that probably took a wrong turn somewhere) buzzing and scratching at the wall paper. Ohnoyoudon't. I've had it with your lot and unlike the bees that nest three meters away, you're not endangered.

Also, heat wave. Blegh.

Him and Benedict Cumberbatch make up my British man candy list. And perhaps Tom Hiddleston. And they all have the most amazing voices as well.

We share tastes in men :)

I have others to add, though... David Tennant, Tom Ellis, Gerard Butler, Sean Bean, Aidan Turner, Jamie Bamber, Ioan Gruffudd, Piers Brosnan, Jason Isaacs, Liam Neeson, Sam Heughan... I could go on...
Some of them aren't stored in a fridge near hereby by any chance? That or I'm totally remembering a cantina from a different timeline and am now wondering which leg of the Trousers of Time I got into...

I'M ADOPTING A CAT FROM THE HUMANE SOCIETY :heart: :e2cat:
Eeeeh! Awesome! Any thoughts for a name?

Woohoo! Go Rel! :snoopy:

ETA: I sliced my finger open while making lunch. Ow. :(
*Gets EFB a bandaid*

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Had my first cup of coffee in about 6 months. It was mana!

Had to give it up because of heartburn issues but I had a huge craving for it this morning and decided to give in. Yes it was instant. It was weak. And yes I put a lot of creamer in it. But Gods it tasted good!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats! :partyguy:

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
GO REL, GO! YOU ROCK, YAKNOW! :D :D :D :D :partyguy:

ION, I think I am going to try sticking with my madness inducing mediocre tablet for writing for now. :/ I'm picking up a lot of accoutrements for it to make it do the things, too... at least it's reliable and has yet to corrupt itself! :eek:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
CONGRATS, Rel!!!! That is a huge accomplishment.

Winks: This is why I don't write pure romance. Because sometimes folks die. *cough* Sometimes I bring them back to life, but sometimes there's just death. *cough* So, just romantic subplots for me.

Ah, yes. Killing characters when there's romance a-brewing...yes...Winks wouldn't know ANYTHING about that. Newp.

*gets all shifty-eyed*

*shrugs* I ninja-write at work. I work as much in the summer as any other time. No big diff. When I'm 'in' a project, I write. When I'm not, I don't. Is what it is.

I wish I could ninja-write at work :( But I have a writing/communications/marketing related job which means I'm writing...just not MY writing. Also, I am in lots and lots of meetings, and I'm usually one of the "OMG, Winks, quick, say something before I kill our fellow coworker with what she's promising to the client" types in meetings. So I can't multi-task, as I have to be listening for warning signs of imminent "YARGH, nooooooo, we don't do that" or "has wandered into dangerous territory where Winks needs to pull data out of her bum to save the day".

My job is always interesting. :greenie

I'm stealing this.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

YAY! *does the graduation dance*

Some of them aren't stored in a fridge near hereby by any chance? That or I'm totally remembering a cantina from a different timeline and am now wondering which leg of the Trousers of Time I got into...

Eeeeh! Awesome! Any thoughts for a name?

Woohoo! Go Rel! :snoopy:

*Gets EFB a bandaid*

There was indeed a freezer full of hot people of various sexes and orientations. Also a dong garden and a snatch patch, if I remember correctly. And a well for some reason. A coffee well? I drew a map at one point....

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*has a cranky* I had to get up and immediately help my mom move everything off the front porch before even having breakfast because we weren't sure until this morning if the whole house was getting power washed or not. *flops* *grumbles*

The steps should also get put on the back deck today, hopefully. Of course it's raining a bit so who knows. I just hope they get a chance to finish it and go because all the noise and activity has made it really hard to focus on writing, and while I have gotten some words down, it's just that much harder with all of this stuff going on. Both my mom and I are also extremely tired of my dad's constant griping, as if that will make them work faster. *more grumble*

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina. I have a question/rant. On a different forum (of completely unrelated interests) I've decided that a big thread I shared two years ago is much too sharey and I went to delete it only to discover I can't. I can't even edit it to fix the typoes without submitting 'suggested changes' to an admin for their consideration. I emailed admin to request that they delete it and they said no (becuase it's photo intensive and a draw for viewers). What?? Today, I tried deleting the pictures at the scource and discovered they'd copied them (probably after my request to delete it) so I guess I no longer own those either. :cry:Have you ever heard of a forum operating this way? It's a learning experience, but it's sure made me grateful for the power to edit and delete over here. Ugh.

ETA: before I make a big stink, how unusual is this for a forum? Am I overreacting?

p.s. love the ability to ETA :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.