The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Amazon finally came through, woohoo! I've been busy with my checklist of things to do when I get my ARC and cover. The list is 23 tasks long, and one task is 'set up ads for new book' which includes a list of 30 places to visit online.

I'm only through with 9 of them so far, and only 1/3 through the ads list.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like a doofus, but what does ARC stand for?

Advance Reading Copy; a version of the book sent to reviewers before publication. Back in the before times, ARCs were always printed; now, they may be digital.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Advance Reading Copy; a version of the book sent to reviewers before publication. Back in the before times, ARCs were always printed; now, they may be digital.

Yes, that. (Haha. It took me a while to figure it out too. :) )

The things I self-publish are typically available for review in electronic format before release because I just can't afford to send out paper copies, even if they are available to purchase in paper format. But, I am, currently building the "backlist" and as such if you see something you want that is available as an ebook and you review books in some format, I will be happy to hook you up. (This does include the Southern Gothic novellas.)

I always appreciate actual purchases because I am a (literally) starving artist, but I understand that some folks are like me and don't have the funds to purchase books, but want to support their favorite authors. Reviews help me gain other purchases elsewhere so it all evens out. Eventually.

Anyway. If you want to read the new, expanded and super-shiny version of SparkleGoat and leave an honest (not specifically positive, just honest) review on GoodReads, you should tell me. I have the hook-up with the silly, subversive fairytale. ;)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Love it!

Ventures in for the first time. Not sure about this... Sits at a table and bangs his furry head (not too hard, mind you) because he is editing, but then he goes back to the beginning and finds some more things to change. Yeah, I could get professional help for this novel but I can't afford thousands of dollars. Must... do... it... myself.
Ouch... I better stop banging my head and get back to editing. Read aloud, read slow, savor the words.
Hi, nice to meet you *wags tail*
:welcome:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I use a lot of ellipses in forum posts, but not so many in my actual writing. I think it's probably because in these forum posts, I'm essentially having a conversation with myself, and ellipses are a great way of allowing the eventual reader (you lot) to take a mental pause, where the next line is read/thought as a new thought.

In fiction, however, I'm writing dialogue from multiple characters, so I can make those "train of thought" switches occur simply by changing who's speaking - without needing ellipses.

Hopefully that made sense...

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Sort of met my Dad's cat. It's been hiding from my puppies in his office, first under the desk then between some shelves. I knelt down to say hi, only I looked away for a moment and all of a sudden there was a kitty face and I went "bwah!"

Please take care of yourself, Rel. Honestly your posts last night had me a little concerned.

Me too, actually...

:Hug2: Rel. I've been on the road and/or awol for a bunch of days so I missed what happened, but you know we think you're totes the bee's knees, right?
I'm fine, I'm fine! Stayed up too long to get some progress in on the Accursed Bachelor. I do not have a healthy writing process. Dawdle throughout the week, panic and stay up till three in the morning just before handing it in. I need to change that, as it's currently below half the length it needs to be. And that cloud really looked like a knife. Thanks for your concern. :Hug2: You guys are the bestest.

Call of the Morrigú has a cover! Amazon still hasn't gotten off its butt to post the pre-order yet, though. My publisher has been trying desperately to talk to them, but that department is email only. She thinks it's because there's a foreign character in the title, and it's being classed as a foreign language book, so on 72 hour rather than 12-24 hour posting :(

But yay! Cover! Must go change my avatars
Ooh, cool! Is... is she wearing a bra under the chainmail?

Religion0

Registered
Reaction score
I have now actually met my Dad's cat. He went up, sniffed my hand, let me stroke him once, then went and rubbed against my brother's legs (making me go "aww, he doesn't like me"), then came back, sniffed my hand, and plunked down to make me rub his tummy! He's sooooo soft!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Religion0 said:
I'm fine, I'm fine! Stayed up too long to get some progress in on the Accursed Bachelor. I do not have a healthy writing process. Dawdle throughout the week, panic and stay up till three in the morning just before handing it in. I need to change that, as it's currently below half the length it needs to be. And that cloud really looked like a knife. Thanks for your concern. :Hug2: You guys are the bestest.
I'm glad you're okay then:Hug2: and I understand. I stayed up till 3 to finish a paper once too and it was misery-inducing. I was literally sitting there typing through tears of frustration and weariness.

Apparently not. :p

I have now actually met my Dad's cat. He went up, sniffed my hand, let me stroke him once, then went and rubbed against my brother's legs (making me go "aww, he doesn't like me"), then came back, sniffed my hand, and plunked down to make me rub his tummy! He's sooooo soft!

Yay friendly, soft kitties!

Aaarg, tired. Weird dreams last night as seems typical of this time of month. One dream was related to the house cleaning the needs doing today. I dreamed there was a hile in the ceiling if my room that was letting wasps and spiders in from outside so my room couldn't be cleaned because we were going to have to get an exterminator.

In real life the ceiling is fine so my room will get cleaned today and in the meanwhile I'll do words. I keep thinking I'm doing really badly in my wordage but then I check my memo pad where I've started keeping track of my count and I'm at 6,600 for the month so far, which seems to be normal for my monthly count as far as I've tracked it. *shrug*

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
I'm managing to get words down, but with this cold, I'm writing super slowly. Feels like 150 words an hour. Lots of time losing my train of thought, staring at the screen, sneezing and blowing my nose. Maddening, but at least I'm still going. Also, characters were out of outline last night. I have to go back and survey the damage this morning, see if corrective measures need to be made.

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your concern. :Hug2: You guys are the bestest.

Yes we are indeed the bestest! :p and no, I do believe there is nothing under the chainmail....

I'm managing to get words down, but with this cold, I'm writing super slowly. Feels like 150 words an hour. Lots of time losing my train of thought, staring at the screen, sneezing and blowing my nose. Maddening, but at least I'm still going. Also, characters were out of outline last night. I have to go back and survey the damage this morning, see if corrective measures need to be made.

Come do word wars in the warring thread!! I'm there until 1:00ish today!!! :D

Religion0

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you're okay then:Hug2: and I understand. I stayed up till 3 to finish a paper once too and it was misery-inducing. I was literally sitting there typing through tears of frustration and weariness.
Haha, I've done that way too much the past few months. Ha... I do not have a healthy writing process. I've done good today, though. Better, anyway. Should do more.

Apparently not. :p
Huh, thought I spotted one.

Yay friendly, soft kitties![/QUOTE]
So soft.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com

Nope. This was a heated argument between me and my publisher. See upthread for details.

In other news... did I mention my husband fell down the stairs at our airbnb the weekend before last and hurt his knee? Well, I finally convinced him to see the doctor about it, but our doctor doesn't have an appointment for another 2 weeks. He made that appt, but I convinced him to go to the Walk In clinic to see it, as it's hurting and not getting better quickly.

He goes in, they ask him questions about how it happened. He mentioned ti was at someone else's house, they refused him care because he didn't have their insurance information and our insurance likely won't cover it because it happened elsewhere. He asked for a refund of the co-pay, and they said he had to wait an hour for the person who took the payment to come back.

Now, he's got crowd anxiety and he's bipolar. He didn't take his calming meds as he was driving, so these two items threw him into a rage. He left in a huff and simmered in the car for an hour and called me.

I called the clinic, they apologized profusely and said that definitely shouldn't have happened. However, once DH gets pissed at a place, he won't go back, ever. He refused to go back to the Walk In now. He really doesn't want to go to any Urgent Care. Which means he'll remain untreated for a couple of weeks.

Sigh.

Can Urgent Care places really do that???

Last edited:

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, apparently I posted too fast and furious on FB yesterday about my new pre-order. I'm banned from posting to groups for two weeks :(
Woah. I never knew this could happen, then I heard about it from three different people in 24 hours. I guess I see why they do it, but still...

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, apparently I posted too fast and furious on FB yesterday about my new pre-order. I'm banned from posting to groups for two weeks :(

I think that happens a lot when folks (inadvertantly) post to groups where members belong to multiple groups. Since the latter is not particularly unusual, some folks will flag stuff when it pops up for the 3rd or 4th time in just a couple of minutes (even if it's being posted in multiple places). Some groups also tend to get cranky if you post more than once within a certain amount of time although very few will say that in their group description or welcome post. (A friend got permanently banned from a group last year for posting frequent updates on her book's standings in the Preditors & Editors yearly "Best of" poll.)

Working on various things this morning. Weather's been weird which causes all sorts of small issues, but drinking tea and pushing onward.

Aggy, teeeeaaaaa!

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
My new cat and my sister's cat are still in the growls and smacks stage. Thankfully it's lessening lately, since we've started giving them their food and treats near one another and if they smack their snacks go away. *halo*

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I am now eating lunch after having stood on a ladder and picked cherries off our tree for an hour. This is the third day of picking and we have 5 BOWLS OF CHERRIES, Y'ALL. 5 BOWLS!!! Behold ze cherry pic! Lest you think that bowl is smaller than it is, it's about 12 inches across and about 4 inches deep. Not small. Three of the bowls were the same size, though the first two were a little smaller. Still. That's a lot of cherries. We shall make and eat ALL THE CHERRY FLAVORED THINGS! ALL OF THEM!

Puppies and kitty are not getting along, growling and making squirrel noises respectively. Hopefully they'll figure something out other than bunkering kitty in my Dad's study.
Da beagle and the now-deceased kitties took a while to get used to each other at first too. The first night beagle came home he saw girl kitty glaring at him. We thought someone had turned on a pencil sharpener until we realized it was beagle growling at girl kitty. Boy kitty refused to show his face at all for a while and hissed when he finally came out. The next morning, my mom was getting ready for work and let the beagle out to run around and thought she heard her cell phone buzzing until she realized girl kitty was under the bed growling at the beagle. Beagle got smacked a couple times for trying to play with the kitties (he was used to living with a pack of other beagles until we got him and didn't understand why cats don't play the way dogs do), but they all eventually learned their new boundaries and got used to each other. He and boy kitty (Erin, the kitty who I told you guys passed away this April) even became friends and would sit together (and on each other) and run each other over without getting mad. On the other hand, Raisin, the girl kitty who passed away back in 2014, always generally considered the beagle the pimple on the face of her life, but at least got to where she didn't growl and hit him. Most of the time.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
The new puppeh definitely wants to play with the cats, especially that fun running and chasing game. Cats are less thrilled. Working on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.