The Dastardly Dungeon of Deliciously Devious Drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Blurb:
All Maelan wants is to do his duty to his Chief and maintain his family’s good name. His granddaughter Orlagh, however, is hell bent on ruining everything. After the Fae get involved, he is backed into a corner. In the end, he may have to choose between her happiness and her life.
Taglines:
Could you choose between life and happiness?
Maelan must make some difficult decisions to save his granddaughter’s life, but can he save her happiness as well?

Hmm. I like the second tagline, but the first needs... something. Not sure what - perhaps words that stress that you're making the choice for someone else.

For the blurb, consider the following:
Maelan just wants to do his duty to his Chief and maintain his family’s good name. Orlagh, meanwhile, seems hell-bent on ruining everything, and once the Fae get involved... He may have to choose between his granddaughter's happiness and her life.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Cantina!

Working on finishing up the cover for Jacquelyn and the Sparkly Emo Vampire Goat this morning. It's looking pretty good, mostly just finessing the last couple of edges then sizing everything together. (Assembling different photos means some fiddly with with resizing the individual images to the correct proportions on a cover. It's not impossible, but still a little tedious.) Exciting.

Sleepy today. I drank too much coffee yesterday (two iced coffees mid-afternoon) and had a hell of a time getting my brain to turn off last night. But that's why we have tea, right?

Aggy, All The Tea

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning Cantina. Yeeerg I'm still sleepy and it's raining out. Yesterday was a good day. Sunday school and church went well. I think my parents had a nice anniversary. Lunch at Red Lobsters was really good. My mom and I picked cherries off our cherry tree and got two rather large bowls full AND there's still more to be picked once they ripen up. We're having cherry muffins for breakfast this morning and probably cherry flavored everything until we get them all eaten. Good thing we like cherries because this could tale a while. :p

I also watched Star Wars Rogue One for the first time last night. It was very well done, incredible graphics, but pretty sad too. Kinda glad i crocheted through it to take some of the edge off (watching with BB-8's Watch With Me feature of made it more fun too.) It's one of those movies that now that I've seen it I don't feel any particular desire to watch it again so once we've watched the DVD bonus features we may well give it away.

Also got words done yesterday. I'll get more done today until time for running errands and sitting through my dad's doctor's appointment.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Good afternoon...

So, I haven't been in the cantina or on Absolute Write for the last three years... what've I missed?!

This means that my signature hasn't changed in three years. Which in turn means that the word count for the current novel is way out. I will address this soon, probably when I start bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm because, ladies and gents, the end is in sight and I am positively giddy. Although I'm also a Brit, which means you may not be able to tell.

Anyway...errr...hello!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
That is definitely an excellent cover, Aggy.

:Hug2: Rel. I've been on the road and/or awol for a bunch of days so I missed what happened, but you know we think you're totes the bee's knees, right?

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Also *cough*new cover*cough*.
Eeeeeeeep! It's wonderful!!! *flail*

Good afternoon...

So, I haven't been in the cantina or on Absolute Write for the last three years... what've I missed?!

This means that my signature hasn't changed in three years. Which in turn means that the word count for the current novel is way out. I will address this soon, probably when I start bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm because, ladies and gents, the end is in sight and I am positively giddy. Although I'm also a Brit, which means you may not be able to tell.

Anyway...errr...hello!
Welcome back!

You reminded me I need to update my own word count. It's increased by 10,000 words since the beginning of the year!

Black-Marlin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, about that word count... the end point is no longer 310,000 but 322,500. It's a big beast.

But on the other hand, I'm no longer sitting on 124,421 words written: as of this afternoon I'm at 288,003. And I've reached the point where I'm beginning to tie up the threads that have been powering this narrative through three novels (or, to put it another way, through the 722,000 words of the story to date) and I am closing in on a finishing line that I can, for the first time, see clearly...

Last edited:

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon...

Anyway...errr...hello!

Welcome back, and nice to meet you! :)

Yzjdriel

forgetful elephant
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon...

Anyway...errr...hello!

Hiya! Welcome back!

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
Yeah, about that word count... the end point is no longer 310,000 but 322,500. It's a big beast.

But on the other hand, I'm no longer sitting on 124,421 words written: as of this afternoon I'm at 288,003. And I've reached the point where I'm beginning to tie up the threads that have been powering this narrative through three novels (or, to put it another way, through the 722,000 words of the story to date) and I am closing in on a finishing line that I can, for the first time, see clearly...

I don't know if I'd consider 40,000 words the 'end zone', but proportionally it is! The 'end zone' is when I start writing fast and furious, anxious to tie up all the bits in the climax and EXPLODE... then pant for breath in the denouement. But 40,000 is a bit chunk to have that much high energy in it!

I made a new blog post! Genesis of a Novel - Part XIII - Submission!

Oh, and this! Call of the Morrigú cover reveal tomorrow!

Last edited:

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
:nothing

Good afternoon...

Anyway...errr...hello!

Welcome back, and nice to meet you! :)

Hiya! Welcome back!

D'awwwwww! :D The newbies and the ol'bies are interacting! <3 Someone, quick, take a screenshot! :eek:

Mary Love

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Monday. Blerg. I have a cold. Keep trying to sit down and write but my brain's fuzzy and I end up watching cat vids on youtube instead. Feel like I don't know how to spell, much less create coherent story. Glad my deadlines are self-imposed and nothing more. What's the worst ailment you've written thru?

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
My mom and I are watching Star Trek Voyager episodes in order ever since we got Netflix. We thought this would explain some things that were confusing when watching them out of order on the BBC on satellite, and to a certain extent it has. But what's with Kes suddenly getting super long hair in season 3?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked it up. Apparently the actress was sensitive to the adhesive for her ears and the long hair meant she didn't have to have them on every time.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Happy Monday. Blerg. I have a cold. Keep trying to sit down and write but my brain's fuzzy and I end up watching cat vids on youtube instead. Feel like I don't know how to spell, much less create coherent story. Glad my deadlines are self-imposed and nothing more. What's the worst ailment you've written thru?
*dons germ-proof suit*:Hug2: Get some rest and feel better soon. <3

I can usually write through colds (they make me not feel like doing anything else anyway), but stomach viruses throw me for loop and make me not even feel like writing.

Black-Marlin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
What's the worst ailment you've written thru?

Happy Monday! I wrote through a lung infection, which - in an anatomical improbability - absolutely handed my ass to me. I felt I had to write: my novel had just reached the halfway point and I had dramatically changed the balance of forces between the goodies and the baddies - I was keen to see how it would all shake out...

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I feel at a loss. I have finished my first draft, edited, and sent to betas. I sent my previous to be submitted and not heard back yet. Call of the Morrigu is on pre-order tomorrow. What to do?

Oh, yeah, do all that stuff that I put off while writing the first draft. I have one beta read and one review I've promised. Maybe I'll try another short story. The last one didn't come out so bad.

Then... book 6 (that would finish the second trilogy, there are three)? Or a standalone novel?

Status
Not open for further replies.